Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-02-2012, 06:55 AM   #1
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Kindle Touch 3G - $109 @ Walmart!!

Hey folks!

I saw this at a couple of Walmarts in the Buffalo/Niagara Falls, New York area last night. The Kindle Touch 3G for $109!! I thought for sure it was a mistake but it wasn't. It wasn't even a sale either. I don't know if it was because they only had a few on hand or what.

The display had the non-touch but none in stock, and the Fire with many in stock. No Touch demo & no Touch wi-fi. They still had the tags for all three but anybody wanting a Touch right now $109 is a great price!!

I was in BJ's club & they had theirs for $144.99 so maybe it was because so few were in stock. It's worthwhile checking if you're in the market for one.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:11 PM   #2
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
Yes! My walmart ad that starts tomorrow has it for $109!! I was like, Wow wow WOW!!! Maybe they are moving them out for the Kindle w/ Flex lighting??
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #3
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

LOL That was my reaction too. I had to get the heck out of the electronics department before I bought it. I have 2 readers & don't need a third. My hubby would kill me if I came home with that.

My hope is that the next Sony will have 3G. +++
Old 06-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Also on sale from the same ad (valid 03~09 Jun 2012):
  • Nook Color: $149 ($169 + free $20 GC)
  • Galaxy Tab: $225 ($249 + free $25 GC)
The ad description says "Samsung 7" Galaxy 16GB Tablet $249". Their website shows two 7" models:
  • Galaxy Tab 2 ICS 8GB (GT-P3113TSYXAR) - $249
  • Galaxy Tab 7.0 HC 16GB (GTP6210-MA16ARB) - $249.98 - refurb
Those model numbers match the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113) and Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (GT-P6210).

ps: Samsung sucks when it comes to naming models. Nothing but mass confusion.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:33 PM   #5
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
my terrible Superstore doesn't carry readers, so the guy I talked to wasn't sure if they would have the Kindles advertised in the flyer for tomorrow. Looking for a Kindle as a gift. :P
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:50 AM   #6
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
If anyone does go check this out (or pick one up) can you let us know if it's the ad-supported one or the non-ad version? I think I have my mother convinced to let me buy her one of these as a gift, but she's particular about not wanting the ads (even though they're not intrusive). Ah, so hard to shop for family
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #7
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!

It is the one with the ads. I could be wrong, but I think the only way to get the one without ads is directly from Amazon.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #8
Poodlemom1
Groupie
Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Glow HD, Fire HD6, iPad Air 2, Mini 2
You can buy the one at Walmart and pay $40 to have the ads removed. You would have the option after you registered it.
Poodlemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #9
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many eReaders, One annoyed wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
my terrible Superstore doesn't carry readers, so the guy I talked to wasn't sure if they would have the Kindles advertised in the flyer for tomorrow. Looking for a Kindle as a gift. :P
My Walmart was out so I went to Office Depot. They price match.
kikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #10
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodlemom1 View Post
You can buy the one at Walmart and pay $40 to have the ads removed. You would have the option after you registered it.
Ah, I forgot about that. Will have to look at the stock when I make it to the store this week.
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:07 PM   #11
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikar View Post
My Walmart was out so I went to Office Depot. They price match.
I went to my Walmart, and they had ONE....which had just been sold to someone 30 minutes before I got there.

I don't live near an Office Depot, it's over an hour away. Thank you for the info!
Old 06-07-2012, 12:41 AM   #12
Ladykeekee
Ladykeekee , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ladykeekee , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ladykeekee , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ladykeekee , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ladykeekee , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ladykeekee , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ladykeekee , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ladykeekee , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ladykeekee , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ladykeekee , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ladykeekee , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: kindle touch 3G + Wi-fi
Yes I just bought a Kindle touch 3G+wi-fi at walmart it was for $109 and yes it is the one that comes with the ads, ads are really non intrusive, you dont even notice they are there unless you are actually looking for ads. I was thinking of taking it back because I dont need the 3G, but for the price i think I will keep it. the regular kindle touch Wi-Fi only is running about $99.
Ladykeekee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #13
bookratt
Wizard

hit a Walmart while I was out of town, and they had a big selection of various Kindles...not the one on special, which was sold out. Picked the simple Kindle with ads for $79, which is fine as this is a gift for a first time ebook person.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #14
Ladykeekee
Ladykeekee , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ladykeekee , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ladykeekee , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ladykeekee , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ladykeekee , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ladykeekee , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ladykeekee , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ladykeekee , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ladykeekee , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ladykeekee , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ladykeekee , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: kindle touch 3G + Wi-fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyFDR View Post
If anyone does go check this out (or pick one up) can you let us know if it's the ad-supported one or the non-ad version? I think I have my mother convinced to let me buy her one of these as a gift, but she's particular about not wanting the ads (even though they're not intrusive). Ah, so hard to shop for family
Yes I got one just 3 days ago and it is the one with the ads. Great Deal.
you are right about hte ads they are non intrusive absolutely love my kindle.
Ladykeekee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #15
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladykeekee View Post
Yes I got one just 3 days ago and it is the one with the ads. Great Deal.
you are right about hte ads they are non intrusive absolutely love my kindle.
Yes, the ads are liveable, and non-intrusive. I don't care for the diaper one, mindu! I got the basic one, refurbished, with special offers (ads), and $20 off thru amazon. Found the deal here, on MobileRead. Love it. an excellent deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
Picked the simple Kindle with ads for $79, which is fine as this is a gift for a first time ebook person.
An excellent gift, I may add. You're very kind!
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote