Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-23-2011, 05:41 AM   #361
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Do you mean you click on the "Commit Changes" button and it still messes up or that you just click on the "Eject & close" button and then it messes up? The one is right next to the other (which is why I mentioned it) and I couldn't tell from your posting if you mean you click on the "CC" and it doesn't do anything, or if you just click on the "Eject" button and that messes up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisondbl View Post
Crich70 - I have clicked that button, yes. It virtually NEVER 'frees itself' to eject properly but until update I never had a problem with this. Am tempted to try again, but honestly as I seem not to be only one with problem am terrified that if I run program and let it into kindle it will again pull every single book added after update out of folders and I will end up with an ungodly mess!
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:39 PM   #362
allisondbl
Connoisseur
allisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Paperwhites 2013 and 2015, Nook Glowlight, iPhone, etc.
'pologies Crich70

You are being more than patient and kind.

Within KCM if I add books into collections on the right OR if I delete an entire folder on the right having created a new one with all my new books on the left and move that one to the right, I click on the Commit Changes wait then click on the eject. Point is no matter WHAT or HOW I do it - and I have read a number of other postings on this or the same site that have experienced precisely the same thing - all of these books show up only on the main page and have to be added manually into collections with the multiple button collections by using the kindle five way itself.

As a side note, What I ALSO do not understand is why, WHEN ONE LOOKS AT MY KINDLE HOME PAGE ON THE KINDLE, ALL my books are in collections (neat freak what can I say), yet when I plug the kindle into my PC and look at the documents folder of my kindle ON MY PC I see tons of books "out of folders" and duplicates etc.

I have just been adding books one by one but it means I can only add a dozen at a time out of impatience. Which may not be so bad given suggestions that having too many may slow Kindle down, but I'm a cupboard full kind of gal and I'd like to have as many as I can!
allisondbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:27 PM   #363
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I don't understand why they always show up as a list of books (even after you have put books into collections) on the left panel either. The only thing I can assume is it's how the program was designed. What OS are you using? I have XP on my desktop (where I have KCM installed) and the only thing I can think is that if you have another OS maybe a potential conflict is between the program and the OS. On another note, have you tried uninstallng and then re-installing the program? Maybe after re-downloading the file? Sometimes programs can seem to download and install correctly, yet not work as they are intended.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:00 PM   #364
allisondbl
Connoisseur
allisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Paperwhites 2013 and 2015, Nook Glowlight, iPhone, etc.
I use xp. haven't uninstalled and reinstalled - though not a bad idea for same reason I've noted before. Every time I mess with program it UNDOES what works. I have five pages of collections with hundreds of books. If it undoes ALL my collections - and it did that once and it was a miracle I managed to get an old .json file to work I'm screwed. Yes I can copy .json file and go from there and try again and I may well do that next. I will only point out there are quite a number of peeps who are having the same problem with KCM.

For obvious reasons few who are happy post here. Maybe I'll run a poll and see if I can find out if others are using with no problem.

Thank you. A
allisondbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:37 PM   #365
adamcsay
adamcsay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Edit: nevermind.

Last edited by adamcsay; 05-08-2011 at 09:45 PM.
adamcsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:01 AM   #366
nagoyacop
nagoyacop began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
thank you acolegate for this app, it works like a charm with my k3. one suggestion: could you pls make it possible to do multiple selection on the left pane (folder pane) so that you can drag multiple titles at once to the right?
nagoyacop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:55 PM   #367
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
what happened to the post about the "[Edited]" that was posted to this thread earlier today (4 July)? It was posted by [Edited]

Moderator: That user has been banned as a spammer.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-05-2011 at 06:37 PM.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:00 PM   #368
pietro99
Connoisseur
pietro99 has learned how to buy an e-book online

I don't know, but luckily I kept the link as I was hoping to see users' reports before I tried it:

Moderator: That user has been banned as a spammer.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-05-2011 at 06:36 PM.
pietro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:02 PM   #369
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietro99 View Post
I don't know, but luckily I kept the link as I was hoping to see users' reports before I tried it:

[MODERATOR: He was banned as a spammer.
That makes 2 of us!!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-05-2011 at 06:38 PM.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:10 PM   #370
pietro99
Connoisseur
pietro99 has learned how to buy an e-book online

I would mainly like to know how it goes with Kindles that have Jailbreak.
pietro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:37 AM   #371
DisplacedMic
DisplacedMic began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Hello - just downloaded and installed this program last night. I am sure it is exactly what I am looking for if I can only get it to work!

It appears everything is working fine, but when i reboot my Kindle 3 (special offers) i see the collections I created in KCM but none of the books are actually in there.

The first time i powered up the program, i created the collections i want, moved the books in and clicked commit. then i ejected the kindle. however i realized i'd forgotten a book so before i rebooted the kindle, i reconnected, opened the program (everything looked correct) and moved the offending book into its proper collection. clicked commit again, disconnected and this time i rebooted.

However when the Kindle came back to life, only 3 books were in 1 of my collections (should have been 5) and the rest were empty.

I figured I'd goofed by trying to make 2 edits w/out a reboot so i started over and did everything in one shot (deleted collections, created new ones, moved books in) - however now all of my collections are there - but they're empty.

When i reconnect and open the program it looks like everything should be right - but it's not translating to the Kindle - even with multiple reboots.

any advice?
thanks!
b

I apologize if this has been addressed already - i read through as much of the 25-page thread as i could but i didn't see anything relevant to me.
DisplacedMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:46 AM   #372
DisplacedMic
DisplacedMic began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
I know these issues have been addressed upthread but in terms of feedback (and assuming i can get my previously mentioned error fixed) is it possible to move multiple files at once into their appropriate collection?

also is there any way to sort the order of the master list on the left? there doesn't appear to be any specific ordering - it's just random.

DisplacedMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:50 PM   #373
megachirops
Enthusiast
megachirops began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3
Unfortunately the author hasn't visited in almost a year and never released the source code so I think you can probably consider this project abandoned. It's a shame really since it was the best of the apps out there for organizing collections.
megachirops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:43 PM   #374
Lordblacknail
Zealot
Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2 Oasis Many Fires Galaxy Tab S7 Plus
Wow oh wow. It is absolutely amazing to me that no one has told you about the Kranf Kindle Collection Manager. It works perfectly, it allows multiple books to be moved at one time, because it works on your computer. So you can create the folders and put the books into the folder all on your computer then run KKCM and its all done. This program works great. Just try it and see if you agree.
Lordblacknail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:28 PM   #375
JainaSJedi
Enthusiast
JainaSJedi began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplacedMic View Post
Hello - just downloaded and installed this program last night. I am sure it is exactly what I am looking for if I can only get it to work!

It appears everything is working fine, but when i reboot my Kindle 3 (special offers) i see the collections I created in KCM but none of the books are actually in there.

The first time i powered up the program, i created the collections i want, moved the books in and clicked commit. then i ejected the kindle. however i realized i'd forgotten a book so before i rebooted the kindle, i reconnected, opened the program (everything looked correct) and moved the offending book into its proper collection. clicked commit again, disconnected and this time i rebooted.

However when the Kindle came back to life, only 3 books were in 1 of my collections (should have been 5) and the rest were empty.

I figured I'd goofed by trying to make 2 edits w/out a reboot so i started over and did everything in one shot (deleted collections, created new ones, moved books in) - however now all of my collections are there - but they're empty.

When i reconnect and open the program it looks like everything should be right - but it's not translating to the Kindle - even with multiple reboots.

any advice?
thanks!
b

I apologize if this has been addressed already - i read through as much of the 25-page thread as i could but i didn't see anything relevant to me.
Had this exact same problem yesterday. The last time I used KCM in July, my books were added to their collections fine. However, when I tried to add 2 books to 2 different collections yesterday, the books do not appear in the collections after I restart my Kindle. Calibre recognizes the books as being in their collections and so does KCM.I had to manually add each book to their collections on the Kindle itself.

Is this a recent problem? The program worked wonderfully before.
JainaSJedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collection manager, collections, kindle, kindle 2, kindle 3, kindle dx, manager