Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 10:50 PM   #1
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Read an E-Book Week 2011: The E-Ink Watch Promotion!

To support and promote Read an E-Book Week, I have obtained two E-Ink watches, which I'll be giving away to two lucky winners! To be entered in the drawing for the watches, Do one of two things between now and March 11, 2011:
  • Purchase a book from my site. You can also purchase a book from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, etc, but you'll have to email me a copy of your online purchase receipt (because the retailers don't tell me who purchases my books, just that they've been purchased).
  • Send me an email answering this question: "What would I like to see in the upcoming sequel to Verdant Skies?" (Since the book isn't finished yet, you never know what might end up in there!)

On Saturday, March 12, I'll take two random names from the list of purchasers and emailers, announce their names, and send them each a watch!

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 02-23-2011 at 10:58 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:35 AM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Very neat, Steven. I didn't even realise there was such a thing as an e-ink watch. They look superb. Good luck. Neil
Old 02-24-2011, 10:10 AM   #3
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
I've made my purchase, Steve (Worldfarm One). Now, where do I pickup my watch?
Old 02-24-2011, 12:08 PM   #4
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You're in the running with everyone else! (Whoa... I may have to mute my phone, it dings with more emails every few minutes now!)
Old 02-24-2011, 02:59 PM   #5
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
I took the easy way out: I made a purchase and I didn't have to think. I hope you are getting lots of good ideas for the Verdant Skies sequel! How about this: everyone goes out on an EVA and when they return, the station won't open the pod bay doors ... no wait, that's been done ...
Old 02-24-2011, 04:00 PM   #6
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
I took the easy way out: I made a purchase and I didn't have to think. I hope you are getting lots of good ideas for the Verdant Skies sequel! How about this: everyone goes out on an EVA and when they return, the station won't open the pod bay doors ... no wait, that's been done ...
Yah, I saw that movie... they had to eat six of the astronauts before someone let them back in! or was it...?
Old 03-01-2011, 09:16 AM   #7
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Bumping this.

The entries and purchases are coming in, but they are by no means overwhelming. Everyone still has a great chance to win an E-Ink watch... and only 2 weeks to go!

So go to my website, see the contest, check out some books, or send in an email... and try to win a watch!

And don't forget to stop by the Read an E-Book Week site and try to win a Nook!

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 03-01-2011 at 09:19 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:55 PM   #8
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

D'Oh! They've changed watches on me!

I just got an email from the E Ink corporation telling me that the watches I've depicted (obtained from E Ink via Rita Toews) are not what is being given away. The proper watch is depicted below.

I've had this promotion up for a week, and only now do I get this news... I hate it when this happens!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eink_watch.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	67942  
Old 03-12-2011, 07:29 AM   #9
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Last day to enter!

Just one more day to buy an ebook and/or send in a comment about the upcoming sequel to Verdant Skies! Don't ya wanna win that E Ink watch, boy? Then get cracking... enter that contest!
Old 03-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #10
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, Read an E-Book Week has come and gone, and again we've seen a groundswell of support for the ebook, its creators and its consumers.

The ebook phenomenon has changed significantly since Rita first pitched the idea of Read an E-Book Week. The effort to introduce people to and inform them about ebooks has largely passed; Very few don't know about ebooks, or haven't chosen whether or not to read them.

Promotion: Win an E-Ink watch!

The watch contest did well! Most interestingly, I've gotten some very interesting responses for the write-in portion of the contest, asking what people would like to see in the sequel to Verdant Skies. I plan to respond to many of those write-ins, just to acknowledge them, or possibly to discuss their ideas. And I can assure you that some of them are well within the concept of Verdant Skies that they can be used to some extent. I may just ask my readers to give me ideas for all my future books!

Later on Sunday, March 13, I'll take two random names from the list of purchasers and emailers, announce their names, and send them each a watch!

The Future

We're thinking about the future of Read an E-Book Week. When you no longer need to introduce and educate people about ebooks... what should you do next? Rita and I will be mulling that one over through the next year. If you have any thoughts on that score, feel free to write me or Rita and make some suggestions.

We hope you had as much fun as we did!
Old 03-14-2011, 07:10 PM   #11
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

And the winners are...

And now: The winners of the Win an E Ink Watch contest are:

Glory H from Dubuque, IA; and

Paul Milke from Uxbridge, MA!

E Ink has been notified, and the watches will be winging their way to you guys! Everyone join me in Congratulations to our winners!

The watch contest did well! Most interestingly, I've gotten some very interesting responses for the write-in portion of the contest, asking what people would like to see in the sequel to Verdant Skies. I plan to respond to many of those write-ins, just to acknowledge them, or possibly to discuss their ideas. And I can assure you that some of them are well within the concept of Verdant Skies that they can be used to some extent. I may just ask my readers to give me ideas for all my future books!
Old 03-15-2011, 01:32 AM   #12
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hope your RAEBW promo was a great success, Steve. Ours certainly was. Traffic to our site multipied 50-fold over the course of the week. In fact, like Smashwords during last year's event, our site crashed a couple of times on the last day under the sheer weight. And congratulations to Glory and Paul. Those watches look superb. A generous feller is Steve. Cheers. Neil

Last edited by neilmarr; 03-15-2011 at 01:14 PM. Reason: trypo
Old 03-15-2011, 10:15 AM   #13
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Hope your RAEBW promo was a great success, Steve. Our certainly was. Traffic to our site multipied 50-fold over the course of the week. In fact, like Smashwords during last year's event, our site crashed a couple of times on the last day under the sheer weight. And congratulations to Glory and Paul. Those watches look superb. A generous feller is Steve. Cheers. Neil
I daresay you did better this year than I did, Neil! Traffic for me roughly tripled, and sales went up about tenfold from its average numbers. It never threatened to crash the servers at my end... still, nothing to sneeze at!
Old 03-15-2011, 01:20 PM   #14
neilmarr
neilmarr

Yup, Steven, but we were pushing our entire current catalogue of around 120 titles and all authors with a choice of any two for free via simple email attachment of the file in chosen format (actually, we always sent three of four). So that's bound to make a difference.

Amazing and heartening, to see that you, too, experienced such a sales increase during the week. Have you read the thread about actual sales during what was largely a freebie week opened here by B yesterday? Quite fascinating.

Good going, Steven. All power to your elbow, pal. Bestests. Neil
Old 03-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #15
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Amazing and heartening, to see that you, too, experienced such a sales increase during the week. Have you read the thread about actual sales during what was largely a freebie week opened here by B yesterday? Quite fascinating.
Found it and responded.
Closed Thread

Tags
contest, e-ink watch, promotion, read an e-book week