Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-05-2011, 07:13 AM   #1
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Who's reporting from CES this year?

My cousin who lives in LV invited me over, but unfortunately there is no bus going there from where I am at the moment

Is anyone going? Can we look forward to some posts with the latest and greatest e-reading gadgets?
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:19 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I'm in Vegas for CES.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I'm in Vegas for CES.
Great! Have fun. I remember your most excellent reporting from last year; I’m anticipating more of the same this year.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:33 PM   #4
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Quote:
I'm in Vegas for CES.
That's what I was hoping to hear! Thanks Nate!
Old 01-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's the only scoop I've gotten so far.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:41 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Well of course you're going Nate Make sure to post pics of your swag!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Whoops. Where did the link go?

http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...asol-e-reader/
Old 01-05-2011, 07:07 PM   #8
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
nice video thanks Nate! See you in a couple days.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:01 PM   #9
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Tablet stuff

Hi all,

PCAuthority sent me an email last night with some stuff about it, and picking the eyes out of it yields some links about tablets, which seems of relevance here:

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/2...bigpond.net.au

The detachable-keyboard tablet has me a little underwhelmed at present, because eBay has some 10" tablets that come with a case and usb keyboard...

(Just for future reference, I'd be happy to do reports just about anywhere in the world if all my expences were met! )

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:29 PM   #10
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nate- Lets hope that the PocketBook Mirasol device is using Honeycomb

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/05/g...blet-honeycom/
Old 01-05-2011, 11:31 PM   #11
roc
Enthusiast
roc is on a distinguished road

Device: Dell Streak 5, Archos 80, Sony 950, Linux/X86 droid, OLPC XO, cbgs
Velocity Micro Joke?

Quote:
Specs do look awesome, but their PR claiming "same meticulous attention to detail"????

Hope that is a "joke" considering how the Cruz Reader and Tablet (esp) have been panned...
roc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:29 AM   #12
Dulin's Books
Wizard

what? what is the quote from? not Nate's Mirasol post.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:18 AM   #13
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Well, the tablets are too expensive.

Nook Color at $250 =
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:43 AM   #14
m-reader
Guru

Mirasol is looking good - I can't wait for a hands-on review (Nate?).
What I am really hanging out for is an A4/Letter size Perl screen (other than PB and Kindle).
Old 01-06-2011, 08:48 PM   #15
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Last year I saw a lot of reports about eBook readers. This year, I haven't seen anything other than Nate's blog. I guess eBook readers are considered old news.

Nearly everything I have seen about CES this year has been about tablets.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote