Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 12-18-2010, 08:33 AM   #1
KenJackson
Addict
KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Sony PRS-650
Not getting email notification

I went to the User CP and clicked Edit Options and selected Instant email notification, but I never receive any email.

It's been that way for a couple weeks and my User CP shows me subscribed and active in a number of threads, but no email.

Is this feature silently disabled, or is something wrong?
KenJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:43 PM   #2
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I believe it only takes effect on threads you post to *after* you choose that option- all previous threads are under your previous selection of no email notification.

I switched it the opposite way and wondered why I was still getting notifications, until I realized that it doesn't work retroactively.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:55 PM   #3
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
You can change the type of notification for threads you are already subscribed to in your user control panel. Go to "View all subscribed threads", select the ones you want to change and select the option you want in the pop-up menu at the bottom of the list.

Unfortunately you can't do this (as far as I know) for all your subscribed thread, but you can select all the threads shown on one page and apply the change to all of them.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:36 PM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenJackson View Post
I went to the User CP and clicked Edit Options and selected Instant email notification, but I never receive any email.

It's been that way for a couple weeks and my User CP shows me subscribed and active in a number of threads, but no email.

Is this feature silently disabled, or is something wrong?
Hi Ken,

I checked your user settings and it appears that your default subscription is set to "Subscribe with no notification", meaning, when you make a new post, you will by default subscribe to it, with subscribed threads being visible in your control panel. Choose "Instant email notification" if you want to be notified instantly by e-mail as well. This only affects threads you subscribe to after you applied the settings. Note that if your e-mail address is invalid or regularly returns error messages, the subscription will default back to "no notification".

Edit: Ken, sent you a PM. I believe it's something on your end with your e-mail account.

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 12-18-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote