Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-26-2010, 08:05 AM   #1
jgumphress
Connoisseur
jgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Scrabble for Kindle

Anyone using the Scrabble game on their Kindle. I have been looking for one for my phone but have not found any. Then today I saw an article on Geeky Gadgets that Amazon's Scrabble for Kindle was in the top 10 seller list (at $4.99). So, how well does it navigate? Using the tiny rocker switch to move around is not very fast. Looks to me like you would spend most of your time navigating the screen. Please give me your input.
jgumphress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:03 PM   #2
myplanet
myplanet began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Somebody answer jgumphress, please. I'd like to know to, as I'm getting the kindle delivered this week.
myplanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:31 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, myplanet.

There are a few threads out there already on this.....a search for "scabble for the kindle" on our search bar brought up this.......

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...crabble+Kindle

And here is a helpful page for you from amazon for your new K3........
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200503360
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:12 PM   #4
jgumphress
Connoisseur
jgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-books

Sorry if I duplicated the thread but I didn't find what I was looking for by doing the search. I am realy just looking for actual users and their opinions on its UI. Not so much as what makes it tick and stuf like that. Thank you though.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:23 PM   #5
jphphotography
Zealot
jphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle 3 6" 3G + wifi, Sony PRS-300, iTouch 4G, Galaxy S Vibrant
I'm disappointed that its not available in Canada
jphphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:24 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgumphress View Post
Sorry if I duplicated the thread but I didn't find what I was looking for by doing the search. I am realy just looking for actual users and their opinions on its UI. Not so much as what makes it tick and stuf like that. Thank you though.
No problem. It looks as tho, since there is no one else who is willing to post their experiences, you'll have to just try it for yourself.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:03 PM   #7
jgumphress
Connoisseur

On the Amazon on-line page for this game were two free word games. I sent these to my Kindle and by playing these it pretty much answered my question. I believe this might be a pretty easy to navigate game as well. I think I will go with it. I'm not much on games, I just want something to help sharpen my vocabulary. Thanks.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:18 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

IMO.......You CAN play games on the Kindle, but thats not what its optimized for.

Its a book reader, first and last. Anything else is bound to fall short of expectations.

Wouldn't it be easier to play those on your cell?
Old 09-27-2010, 06:29 AM   #9
jgumphress
Connoisseur

I have not found any true Scrabble game for Android. But on the Kindle the screen size of the DX and ease of viewing make it more atractive to use. Personally, I never thought of solo playing Scrabble as gaming.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:45 AM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Wouldn't it be easier to play those on your cell?
That requires a smartphone; and some of us don't have smartphones. Since the Kindle and Nook have web browsers (even if limited), I'd be prone to play around with it - games, email, Wikipedia, etc.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote