Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-18-2020, 10:28 AM   #1
mrboh
mrboh began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Problems with cover and title

Hi,
I'm having trouble viewing my ebooks, treated with Calibre, and sent to my Kindle Paperwhite 2019.
In the beginning I passed all my books in .mobi or .azw3 format and they were displayed perfectly, with the title in the format I chose and with the cover. Then suddenly, after doing a synchronization of my Kindle, but I don't know how influential this operation can be with the problems that arose.

The first problem was not to display the covers on Kindle home, both for the .mobi and for the .azw3 format.
I solved this problem, but only for .mobi files by selecting the "Enable sharing of book via facebook ..." item in the "preferences -> output options -> mobi output" section, activating the same option in "azw3 output" for however the .azw3 format does not change anything.

The second problem instead concerns the title of the books displayed on the Kindle, before everything worked well, now no longer.
For the .azw3 format everything ok, I set in preferences in "metadata plugboards"
azw3: KINDLE2 = ([{pubdate} • {series: ||:} {title}] -> title})
While for the .mobi format I see only the title of the book even if in "metadata plugboards" I have set
mobi: KINDLE2 = ([{pubdate} • {series: ||:} {title}] -> title})

By unchecking the "Enable sharing of book via facebook ..." item in the "preferences -> output options -> mobi output" section in the .mobi format I do not see the covers nor the title of the book in the format I would like.

Thank you so much for future answers.
mrboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 12:32 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
There are several other threads discussing the problem with book covers:
Book covers have disappeared
Kindle book cover thumbnails disappearing

The problem with updating the title is likely due to you using the "MOBI file type: both" option for conversion. Calibre cannot update metadata in that format.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2020, 08:52 AM   #3
lhkeeper
lhkeeper began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
could someone fix the problem?
lhkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 04:39 PM   #4
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Amazon could
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 10:02 AM   #5
lhkeeper
lhkeeper began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
Amazon could
haha I hope so..
lhkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote