Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 05-14-2020, 01:24 PM   #1
woooz
woooz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
missing html files in a edited epub

hi guys,
i've been working on a epub for 2 weeks, editing a lot of errors that came from a bad ocr scan.
well, today, when i was ready to export it, i've seen that some of the chapters are missing: on 41 html files, 12 are missing.
the book analysis says, for example, " idref="id127" punta a un id sconosciuto****[content.opf] " (translated is something like "point to an unknown id")

where are those files gone? i'm pretty sure i've never changed any settings or important parts of the html code, i've just edited some words, letters and punctuation.

hope you can help me, because having lost those files would be so damn frustrating!
thanks
woooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 02:37 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Do you have the original ePub to have a look and see if all the files are there?

Could be you deleted the missing file and didn't realize it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 04:15 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT(Fixed,New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Quote:
Originally Posted by woooz View Post
hi guys,
i've been working on a epub for 2 weeks, editing a lot of errors that came from a bad ocr scan.
well, today, when i was ready to export it, i've seen that some of the chapters are missing: on 41 html files, 12 are missing.
the book analysis says, for example, " idref="id127" punta a un id sconosciuto****[content.opf] " (translated is something like "point to an unknown id")

where are those files gone? i'm pretty sure i've never changed any settings or important parts of the html code, i've just edited some words, letters and punctuation.

hope you can help me, because having lost those files would be so damn frustrating!
thanks
Look in both the Guide and manifest. are all the HTML files accounted for? The entry may just be stale.

Also check the Miscellaneous section in the book browser to see if missing files got diverted due to damaged OPF entries. (export, the Add Files)
That may be just an orphaned entry
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 07:02 PM   #4
woooz
woooz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Look in both the Guide and manifest. are all the HTML files accounted for? The entry may just be stale.

Also check the Miscellaneous section in the book browser to see if missing files got diverted due to damaged OPF entries. (export, the Add Files)
That may be just an orphaned entry
sorry, but i'm not sure i've got everything you are asking to check.

Book Analisys says that those files are missing in the manifest, and that the html files doesn't exist.
content.opf has the corresponding code lines underlined in red.

how can i check if the files are accounted for?

thank you very much
woooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 02:11 PM   #5
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.deback figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Laptop
Run Check Book (the ladybug). If there is a result to append file(s), click that to fix the problem. The missing HTML files could be listed near the bottom at the left (under Miscellaneous) and just need to be added back to the files at the top left. If they aren't listed near the bottom, it could be that you accidentally deleted those files.
deback is offline   Reply With Quote