Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-01-2019, 07:05 PM   #1
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Lightweight cover recommendations for Clara HD

Pretty much what the title says. I bought a Fintie cover but it's bulky and heavy.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:12 AM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks, Kindles, Sonys, Kobos, Tolinos and others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
Pretty much what the title says. I bought a Fintie cover but it's bulky and heavy.
I was going to suggest a Fintie, but not the SlimShell case (the SlimShell is hard and slippery and doesn't protect the screen well enough, in my opinion). I like the Fintie Folio covers. They feel light and are easy to grip. They do cover the bezel, however (some people don't like that, personally I do, it makes it easier to hold the reader).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Kobo-Cl...4EU9CAnxpsxv8Q

Even though the seller on eBay is "FutureVision11" it's actually Fintie direct. They use several names like this, but they come from the Fintie corporate warehouse -- shipping is free and almost as fast as Amazon Prime (2 to 3 days). This same case that sells for $11 on Amazon, it's currently a little over $8 on their eBay store ($8.26 plus tax).

EDIT: The weight of my "Clara" (Tolino Shine 3) is 9.36 ounces in the case. On its own it weighs 5.86 ounces, so this case weighs 3.5 ounces. I don't know what the SlimShell weighs, but I do know they feel heavier because they're slicker.

Last edited by rcentros; 12-02-2019 at 08:23 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2019, 09:00 AM   #3
RobertJSawyer
Evangelist
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Aura, Mini; Kindle PaperWhite
I've tried a bunch of different ones, and this one is my favourite. Unlike many out there, that have sheest of faux-leather pinched together making a sharp edge all around, this one has nicely rounded edges on all three non-hinged sides making it very pleasant to hold. It's not actual fabric, but it looks and feels really good in the hand.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07FC9JXHQ/
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:03 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
This is the case I have but for the H2o. It's a Kwimobile case. There are lots of different colors/patterns to choose from. The magnets work very well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N6FY33F

As for Fintie, I had one until it fell apart. had it for about 2 years. The kwmobile, I've had for 3 years and it is still in good condition.

P.S. There is no sleep/wake function with the cover linked here.

Last edited by JSWolf; 12-02-2019 at 02:44 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 12:00 PM   #5
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPadMini, Kobo Clara HD
I will add just one note of caution: I was experiencing excessive battery discharge on my Clara, which I could only solve by switching off sleepcover mode. Several people on here suggested it might be my non-official cover. It turned out they were correct; replacing my cover with an official one solved the issue.

I had used non-official covers with no problem on previous Kobos.
church mouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2019, 02:39 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
I will add just one note of caution: I was experiencing excessive battery discharge on my Clara, which I could only solve by switching off sleepcover mode. Several people on here suggested it might be my non-official cover. It turned out they were correct; replacing my cover with an official one solved the issue.

I had used non-official covers with no problem on previous Kobos.
I have never had my H2O's battery run down due to the sleep cover. The kwmobile cover I have stays closed and does not open at random. I've had this cover for 3 years. So I can vouche for kwmobile's Kobo cover.

Last edited by JSWolf; 12-02-2019 at 02:42 PM.
Old 12-02-2019, 03:13 PM   #7
Joeldmtl
Connoisseur
Joeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Touch
I bought this one and am very satisfied with it. It fits mu Clara very snuggly. Has a rubber backing on the inside for protection. Corners of my Clara are also very well protected, and the sleep cover works perfectly.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07FBYTQ6V?...830_E_301_dt_1
Joeldmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 05:18 PM   #8
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeldmtl View Post
I bought this one and am very satisfied with it. It fits mu Clara very snuggly. Has a rubber backing on the inside for protection. Corners of my Clara are also very well protected, and the sleep cover works perfectly.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07FBYTQ6V?...830_E_301_dt_1
I bought the graffiti one for the Forma and it's the best cover I ever had!
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 05:19 PM   #9
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
Quote:
Congrats on your new toy!
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 05:20 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I didn't find the Finte cover I bought to be bulky and heavy. I just found that it didn't last long enough.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:09 PM   #11
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I was going to suggest a Fintie, but not the SlimShell case (the SlimShell is hard and slippery and doesn't protect the screen well enough, in my opinion). I like the Fintie Folio covers. They feel light and are easy to grip. They do cover the bezel, however (some people don't like that, personally I do, it makes it easier to hold the reader).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Kobo-Cl...4EU9CAnxpsxv8Q

Even though the seller on eBay is "FutureVision11" it's actually Fintie direct. They use several names like this, but they come from the Fintie corporate warehouse -- shipping is free and almost as fast as Amazon Prime (2 to 3 days). This same case that sells for $11 on Amazon, it's currently a little over $8 on their eBay store ($8.26 plus tax).

EDIT: The weight of my "Clara" (Tolino Shine 3) is 9.36 ounces in the case. On its own it weighs 5.86 ounces, so this case weighs 3.5 ounces. I don't know what the SlimShell weighs, but I do know they feel heavier because they're slicker.
Thank you.

The Slim Fit is the cover I bought. It seems to double the thickness of the reader.
Old 12-03-2019, 03:41 PM   #12
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
In contrast to others, I would recommend the slim shell. My Glowlight 3 has that slim fit cover and it is big and bulky. My Glowlight Plus has the slim shell and it is much lighter weight.

Fintie only has a couple of slim shells left for the Clara and the designs don't appeal. So I bought this one: Ratesell Premium Folio Smart-Shell

I think this one looks nice as well, but I won't bother replacing the one I already have: MoKo Kobo Clara HD Case, Premium Ultra Compact Protective Sleep Wake Up Slim Lightweight Cover Case
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 07:42 PM   #13
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I have a couple on order and will let you all know the final verdict.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:46 PM   #14
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW2, PW4, Clara HD
has anyone found just a plain, back cover only, in silicone (first choice) or tpu (second choice)? thank you!
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 12:26 PM   #15
Cactus Chef
Cactus Chef doesn't litterCactus Chef doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Kobo's official Sleep Cover, while expensive (like 2-3x the price of the off-brands you find on ebay/Amazon), has worked beautifully for my Clara. I previously had a cheap folio case from Amazon, but it started to crack at the corner after only 60 days. To boot, the front cover flap really didn't like bending around completely, so it was always flapping around while I tried to read.

I like the way the Sleep Cover folds around vertically rather than horizontally, and the magnetic latch keeps it in place when folded over. It also helps distinguish my Kobo from my girlfriend's Kindle (with a leather folio case as well) at a glance.
Cactus Chef is offline   Reply With Quote