Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-11-2018, 06:11 AM   #1
Ulukai_nl
Ulukai_nl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Kobo Glo HD stuck in boot

Hi,

I've got a Kobo Glo HD that is getting stuck every few seconds after boot. It started a week ago and I can't get it to boot normally.

I've tried the reset buttons and a factory reset. I've opened it up, no broken flat cables, i still have normal screen. I've replaced the microSD and used a new image that David (on this forum) has generously provided.

With that clean image, after I do a hard reset, I can usually set it up, but then it needs an update. Then it boots, gets a few bars on the progress bar and simply stops working (frozen) after a few seconds. It's stuck that way.

When it doesn't usually boot with the clean, it sometimes gets stuck booting as well and sometimes it even asks if I want to perform a factory reset which also fails after a few bars.

I can get it to reset using the power button for 15 seconds and then it starts booting and stops, the power light goes out. I've disconnected the battery and used only the charger cable to no avail. I've used different chargers, no deal.

Any ideas what this problem might be?
Ulukai_nl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 04:56 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulukai_nl View Post
Hi,

I've got a Kobo Glo HD that is getting stuck every few seconds after boot. It started a week ago and I can't get it to boot normally.

I've tried the reset buttons and a factory reset. I've opened it up, no broken flat cables, i still have normal screen. I've replaced the microSD and used a new image that David (on this forum) has generously provided.

With that clean image, after I do a hard reset, I can usually set it up, but then it needs an update. Then it boots, gets a few bars on the progress bar and simply stops working (frozen) after a few seconds. It's stuck that way.

When it doesn't usually boot with the clean, it sometimes gets stuck booting as well and sometimes it even asks if I want to perform a factory reset which also fails after a few bars.

I can get it to reset using the power button for 15 seconds and then it starts booting and stops, the power light goes out. I've disconnected the battery and used only the charger cable to no avail. I've used different chargers, no deal.

Any ideas what this problem might be?
One possibility is that the uSD card is failing. You might want to pick up a replacement card, place the image on that card, install it in your Glo HD and see if it works.

One thing is to be careful of where you buy the uSD card. Too blasted many counterfeits so best to purchase from a reputable retailer.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kobo glo hd