Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-20-2016, 07:14 AM   #1
Millie1366
Millie1366 began at the beginning.

Device: Kubo Aura H2O
Kobo H2O Question - [Post moved out of a thread and forum unrelated to Kobo]

New here and having problems now with my Kobo Aura H2o reader. Last week I installed Windows 10.

Finished a book yesterday and cannot download another. I use Adobe Digital Editions. I am not technical so if anyone can advise me in simple language I would be really grateful.

(Just introduced myself as a new contributor. Looking forward to picking up tips, and interesting reads, etc)

Last edited by Millie1366; 03-20-2016 at 07:19 AM.
Millie1366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 07:48 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
You're most likely to get more help on your Kobo......in the Kobo Forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2016, 08:09 AM   #3
Millie1366

Thank you
Old 03-20-2016, 08:17 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Welcome Millie.

Unfortunately, your post doesn't give enough information to be able to help you. What do you mean by "cannot download another"? From where and to where? And how is ADE involved? Are you downloading books using ADE and then sending them to the device using ADE?

As you mention upgrading to Win10, when you plug the device in, does Windows mount it and show the driver? Can you copy a file to the drive?

We love to help, but we need information on the problem to be able to do it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 09:04 AM   #5
Millie1366

Thank you for trying to help. OK
1. Kobo and Adobe Digital Editions would communicate before Windows 10 update.
Process -
(a) Download EPUB from my library
(b) Go into ADE and would see the Book was there and being downloaded
(c) Plug in Kobo and in ADE will see KOBO connected and then I would drag and drop Book onto KOBO icon.
(d) On KOBO - would see new book in Library.

Now - prior to Win 10 I did notice some of the books did not show a cover - just black oblong.

Installed Windows 10

(e) Message when doing (c) it gives a message ADE computer not authorise. I have un-authorised and re-authorised and still no better.
(f) I have also got a message saying not allowed to download. So I tried another book from my library. Just in case I was trying to download a 'faulty' book.

I hope that explains it a little better - thank you
Advert
Old 03-20-2016, 09:12 AM   #6
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
This sounds like a problem with ADE, not with your Kobo. What exact error do you get from ADE, what do you mean by "a message saying not allowed to download" (a message from where? What was the exact wording?), and which version of ADE are you running?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 09:29 AM   #7
Millie1366

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
This sounds like a problem with ADE, not with your Kobo. What exact error do you get from ADE, what do you mean by "a message saying not allowed to download" (a message from where? What was the exact wording?), and which version of ADE are you running?
ADE - Version 4.5

When I unplug KOBO - I click on 'Black' oblong for a book and it gives a Window on the KOBO - Something like 'Woops' Protected by DRM not currently authorised for use with your ADOBE ID.

That is why I 'unauthorised' and started again.

Note: In the ADE 'window' I can see all the book if I wanted to read it on my laptop. It just will not transfer then onto the KOBO

Do you think there is something to do with the Windows 10 update?

UPDATE: My problem is I really do not understand 'programs' but I did find this do you think it applies to my problems.

http://the-digital-reader.com/2015/1...indows-10-app/

Last edited by Millie1366; 03-20-2016 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:53 AM   #8
Witty Username
Addict
Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Touch, Kobo Libra H2O
I recently bought a new desktop that has Win 10. After transferring files and programs from my previous PC I had to authorize the new computer - NOT my Kobo. I clicked Help on ADE and the first item on drop down menu is authorize computer.
Witty Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 12:27 PM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I suspect you may need to download ADE again and activate it for this new version of Windows.

However, I could be wrong.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 12:33 PM   #10
Millie1366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty Username View Post
I recently bought a new desktop that has Win 10. After transferring files and programs from my previous PC I had to authorize the new computer - NOT my Kobo. I clicked Help on ADE and the first item on drop down menu is authorize computer.
Yes - I think I have taken that step.
Old 03-20-2016, 12:35 PM   #11
Millie1366

Thank you - I may have to try this. P.S. How do I stop the adverts in my post?