Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 06-22-2019, 04:33 AM   #16
heyman
Connoisseur
heyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it is

Device: sony
will the mimas and mars get Andrioid 8 too? @likebookstore
heyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 09:02 PM   #17
likebookstore
Connoisseur
likebookstore began at the beginning.

Device: likebook alita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectralis View Post
You do not understand our complaint. I am referring to handwritten annotations. I, and other Mimas owners, are complaining that when we write on a PDF there is no way to save it. We want the option to save:

1. a single handwritten page in a document to PDF,
2. all handwritten pages in a document to PDF,
3. or the whole document to a PDF.

We want to be able to copy our handwritten PDF's to another computer. We want a "save as" option so we can create a new file that we can save to a location on the Mimas of our choice. None of this is possible since the latest update.

I do not want to upload my PDF's to a 3rd party app like Evernote. The current "export to local" that you describe saves the file to html not PDF. That is useless to me.

Please examine the PDF Reader in Onyx Boox products for guidance on how to create a useful PDF annotator.
will feedback your requirment to boyue team, i think they change the save format from PDF to HTML may for some special purpose
likebookstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2019, 09:05 PM   #18
likebookstore
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyman View Post
normally speaking, yes, but i heard not easy is because the system update need use the tool to flash, can not update by OTA. this is boyue told me before. now they are working for it because i saw the demo in mars

but waiting for boyue final information in Sep or Oct.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:02 AM   #19
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Quote:
is it better than mimas
- When the original BUGs from the MIMAS model are not removed yet, they will release a brand new NOTE ALita?

- After my three-day experience with Mimas, which I returned due to operating system problems, I see no reason to invest that much money in another model.

- Overall, I don't know. Likebook does not have an official site (for the EU) where I can upload Firmware, nowhere to contact the service and so on.
*I do not want to search again for available Update somewhere on the Internet or "Baidu!".

- Another competing manufacturer like Onyx is also in Cine and has no problem providing users (IMHO High Quality and Reactive) Support.

What do I say about ALITA?

-To say that ALITA is a successor or improved version of MIMAS does not make any sense.
- Hm, nice and good HW from the picture, but against the "MIMAS" model without buttons.
if I wanted a eNOTE with 1x HOME Button, I'd buy some competing manufacturer.

- But Android 8 is really interesting. Which will have a guaranteed impact on better OS response / reactivity.
* Mimas mainly interested me because of the "mechanical buttons" and for interesing price. Personally, I prefer "buttons" that are more useful than 2 GB of memory. I'd rather sacrifice 2Gb RAM as a "mechanical buttons" :-).

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 06-25-2019 at 06:57 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 03:06 PM   #20
Spectralis
Enthusiast
Spectralis began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max 2
Quote:
While I'm also interested in an answer to your question, you've done exactly what you asked me not to do! It seems that the only way to get an answer to a question or provide feedback relating to any Boyue product is to grab the attention of the Boyue reps on the few occasions they appear on this forum. If there was an official Boyue support forum this wouldn't be necessary.
Spectralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2019, 03:07 PM   #21
Spectralis
Enthusiast
Spectralis began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by likebookstore View Post
will feedback your requirment to boyue team, i think they change the save format from PDF to HTML may for some special purpose
Thanks for feeding this back to the Boyue team. I hope they will fix the problem soon.
Spectralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 11:24 PM   #22
likebookstore
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
- When the original BUGs from the MIMAS model are not removed yet, they will release a brand new NOTE ALita?

- After my three-day experience with Mimas, which I returned due to operating system problems, I see no reason to invest that much money in another model.

- Overall, I don't know. Likebook does not have an official site (for the EU) where I can upload Firmware, nowhere to contact the service and so on.
*I do not want to search again for available Update somewhere on the Internet or "Baidu!".

- Another competing manufacturer like Onyx is also in Cine and has no problem providing users (IMHO High Quality and Reactive) Support.

What do I say about ALITA?

-To say that ALITA is a successor or improved version of MIMAS does not make any sense.
- Hm, nice and good HW from the picture, but against the "MIMAS" model without buttons.
if I wanted a eNOTE with 1x HOME Button, I'd buy some competing manufacturer.

- But Android 8 is really interesting. Which will have a guaranteed impact on better OS response / reactivity.
* Mimas mainly interested me because of the "mechanical buttons" and for interesing price. Personally, I prefer "buttons" that are more useful than 2 GB of memory. I'd rather sacrifice 2Gb RAM as a "mechanical buttons" :-).
as far as i know, many of our buyers from aliexpress and send email to likebook@boyue.com and get the replying
Old 06-25-2019, 11:27 PM   #23
likebookstore
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectralis View Post
Thanks for feeding this back to the Boyue team. I hope they will fix the problem soon.
this is not a bug, they made it as intend, below is the reply from boyue team for your reference.

1. we change to export as HTML, the reason is because of we would like to give the user second time edit, they can edit it any format they want
2 new firmware we will support automaticallly save in the PDF file after you writing, means you can copy this whole book to PC already with handwriting anotation( now no this feature)
3. if you just want to save single page separately, you can export as HTML format---the reason is because some user need send time edit it in PC or somewhere
4. we are developing the export to Email feature to make it save to clould once the device is broken or lost
5. now we are working for the forum issue but not confirmed which solution is best for us, so moslty we ask user feedback it to likebook@boyue.com
Old 06-26-2019, 02:01 AM   #24
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
What's Android without google play store as far as I know for 6 downwards you can only install it. I know you can sideload but that's a bit iffy.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 10:33 PM   #25
likebookstore
Connoisseur

now boyue are investing more developers to optimize their firmware and add some new feature. in my opinion, they are noticed the forum user's compliant and working for it, each brand have it's advatange and disadvantage, i hope boyue devices will get better and better, after all, we can not ask one device to meet all demand
Old 06-27-2019, 09:45 AM   #26
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by likebookstore View Post
normally speaking, yes, but i heard not easy is because the system update need use the tool to flash, can not update by OTA. this is boyue told me before. now they are working for it because i saw the demo in mars

but waiting for boyue final information in Sep or Oct.
I needed to use the tool to flash a new firmware for my Mars in order to have Google Play Store. That is not a problem for me. If Boyue is looking for people to test out the Android 8 firmware, I would be happy to do so on my Mars!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 03:46 AM   #27
likebookstore
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
I needed to use the tool to flash a new firmware for my Mars in order to have Google Play Store. That is not a problem for me. If Boyue is looking for people to test out the Android 8 firmware, I would be happy to do so on my Mars!
will feedback it to boyue team...

i used a lot devices like onyx, remakable, sony etc. for big size device, i more like boyue device for the price even somewhere firmware not so good. but at least the price looks more competitive and many features are good enough.
Old 06-28-2019, 04:28 PM   #28
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Likebook ALita will be delayed several times.

Likebook ALita will be delayed several times.

He'll have to wait for ALITA. its release is delayed.
Developers want to work harder on ALITA and tweak SW.
IMHO that same thing was just one big commercial move on future customers, -)
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 08:02 AM   #29
Merithyn
Nameless Being

I don't really understand the delay.

Is the reason to make bigger difference with Mimas so the owners will be more likely to upgrade to Alita? I highly doubt anyone who owns Mimas will be wiling to shelf that kind of money for upgrade to Alita with or without updates. If anything they will be angry if only Alita gets the updated software and not Mimas.
As incentive for new buyers? The Goodereader review was positive even on current SW and they can always do the updates with already released device?
The HW gets out of date pretty fast and each month that already finished device don't get on the shelf the competition could come out in with devices with even more compelling specs.

Last edited by Merithyn; 06-29-2019 at 08:06 AM.
Old 06-30-2019, 12:27 AM   #30
Reduce_
Member Retired
Reduce_ began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas
So I've actually been talking with likebook for a while, and I've got a better understanding as to what they're doing.
The "update" that is making the Alita does not directly have to do with the Alita itself, but Likebook just wants to offer more features that make the device more appealing+fix some issues. In fact, the Mimas is planned on having the same update too.
Apparently, the Mimas and Alita won't be very different from one another- unless you really need the extra 4GB ram and flush screen, the extra 100 dollar price tag plus the smaller battery doesn't make it look too good. In fact, they even recommended me to buy the Mimas if I don't need to read huge pdfs or do multitasking.
The Mimas and Alita are BOTH being planned for Android 8.0 support since they are quad core.
They'll apparently be having a sale next week for their anniversary- it'll be a good time to buy the Mimas, which is what I'll probably be doing.
Reduce_ is offline   Reply With Quote