Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old Yesterday, 12:32 PM   #256
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robusto View Post
I tried to create a thread in the Onyx forum, but it disappeared. Any idea why that might have happened? I'm trying to figure out how to take my BOOX Note2 apart so I can remove the microphone. Are modifications that void the warranty off limits on mobile read?
That depends what you want to do. In this case, what you want to do is not off-limits.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:36 PM   #257
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Both Kinds: epub based makes and Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Hmm looks interesting, but it's no longer free. Still, later editions are only 1$.
He died quite a while ago. So it's still free.
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/author/204

Likely other places too.
Gutenberg usually has decent enough proofing, though I run their texts through Calibre to change paragraphs from an extra space to an indent. Sometime smarten punctuation too. I download mobi version and convert it to epub2 and then the epub2 to azw3/kf8
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:08 PM   #258
Mims
Groupie
Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, iPads,IPhone,Aura H2O,PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
What about Louisiana? Do you think it's the same thing there? What about Iraq?

Shari
The reason Louisiana is so hard hit is because infected people mingled closely with lots of susceptible people. Yes, ambient temp can affect the viability of organisms but I’m not going to rely on that as a primary defense against a virus when I have other more effective strategies. You can catch the regular Flu in the middle of a sweltering summer in Florida.

http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/content/...Fact-Sheet.pdf
Social distancing, wearing a mask, hand washing break the chain.
Mims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM   #259
Mims
Groupie
Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
There is a certain Police song that is starting to make the rounds again - "Don't stand, don't stand, don't stand so close to me"
My apocalyptic listening is CCR’s Bad Moon Rising. I am countering the psychological effects of that behavior with anticipation of a pink super moon tomorrow night. A good reason to sit outside and enjoy the night sky.

WHEN TO SEE THE FULL MOON IN APRIL 2020
Venture outside on the night of Tuesday, April 7, to catch a glimpse of April’s full Pink Moon. This full Moon—which is a supermoon, the first full Moon of spring, and the Paschal Full Moon—will be visible after sunset and reach peak illumination at 10:35 P.M. EDT.
For the best view of this lovely spring Moon, find an open area and watch as the Moon rises just above the horizon, at which point it will appear its biggest and take on a golden hue! (Find local Moon rise and set times here.)

https://www.almanac.com/content/full-moon-april
Old Yesterday, 02:54 PM   #260
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
The Police and Oingo Boingo. Love them both, but the lyrics to some of their songs...

On the other hand, when Sting went solo and started writing all these sappy, happy songs I lost interest in him
Sappy? Happy? Oh, you are being funny. I kind of like "I'm so happy I could cry", but then again, I collect classical requiems.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:30 PM   #261
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I am more interested in comfort reads at this time - for example, I will chose a cozy mystery rather than a more hard-core type of mystery/thriller.

I find myself mentally cringing every time characters in a book shake hands.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:17 PM   #262
Mims
Groupie

Quotes from Sci-Fi & Fantasy to Provide Courage and Comfort During Coronavirus

https://theportalist.com/quotes-from...gh-coronavirus

The Tolkien quote is my new screen saver/wallpaper.
Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM   #263
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mims View Post
https://theportalist.com/quotes-from...gh-coronavirus

The Tolkien quote is my new screen saver/wallpaper.
The best quote is that from Douglas Adams. It's also the best advice.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:02 PM   #264
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Me myself I like that "Keep Calm and Carry On" bit that's is now resurfaced as England's motto.

[INCANUS]
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:27 PM   #265
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Hmm looks interesting, but it's no longer free. Still, later editions are only 1$.
I'm sure there are free editions floating around. Daniel Dafoe is long in the public domain. Gutenberg has it. And here's a version for $0.60 at Amazon.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM   #266
Mims
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The best quote is that from Douglas Adams. It's also the best advice.
Totally agree. That is absolutely the best advice.
Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM   #267
Mims
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incanus View Post
Me myself I like that "Keep Calm and Carry On" bit that's is now resurfaced as England's motto.

[INCANUS]
Think I’ll print out several copies of that poster to tape up around the house and maybe on my car’s rear window. After the Queen’s address I immediately started listening to Vera Lynn’s We’ll Meet Again. Truly a Golden Oldie.
Old Yesterday, 08:24 PM   #268
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Sappy? Happy? Oh, you are being funny. I kind of like "I'm so happy I could cry", but then again, I collect classical requiems.
I was thinking of:
If You Love Somebody Set Them Free
Fields of Gold
Fortress Around Your Heart
If I Ever Lose My Faith In You
We'll Be Together
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote