Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-09-2020, 11:28 PM   #1
DukeBrymin
DukeBrymin began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini
Kindle import missing metadata

Hi,
I periodically fire up Kindle4PC version 1.17 to go download new titles that I've purchased. Then I fire up Calibre to auto-import those books. When I did so today, I was surprised to see that I now had a bunch of books in Calibre with titles and authors such as:
B001QEAQPI EBOK, by Unknown, and the cover is also missing.
No metadata is showing. It looks like the books import correctly--i.e. I can double-click on them and they come up in the ebook reader.
I've double-checked that my Kindle hasn't auto-updated itself, and I've made sure I have the most recent Calibre version and all the plugins I thought were necessary.
What could the problem be?
And what more information can I give that would help diagnose the problem?
Thanks!
DukeBrymin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 03:31 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Have you disabled readin go fmetadata from file contents under preferences->adding books?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 09:30 PM   #3
DukeBrymin
DukeBrymin began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini
That was it, thank you!
DukeBrymin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, metadata