Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-23-2010, 01:18 PM   #1
georget99
georget99 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
PRS-300 stuck after disconnecting USB

UPDATE: It's now working. I kept trying various things, reset button, power switch, plug in to USB, gave up then put it aside. I just looked and it's back to normal.

----------------------original post-----------------------------------

My PRS-300 has been working fine until today.

My battery was showing 3/4 full so I plugged it into my computer and let it charge until the light went off.

I unplugged it and put it aside. About a half-hour later I looked and it was sitting on the Home menu page with the twirly arrow (stationary), and no books showing next to the various sort index view options. This is how it usually looks for about 30 seconds after unplugging USB.

I pressed the power switch and it turned off, turned it back on, and got the initial power-up screen (Reader logo, "opening book"). The main menu appeared with the turning arrow, the arrow stopped turning but the turn-on cycle once again did not complete.

I've tried various buttons, holding power, holding the reset button in, holding reset while working the power switch, and plugging it back in to USB (not recognized), and nothing has helped.

Sometimes when I hold the power switch for a few seconds, it turns off then right back on again and goes through the above described again.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by georget99; 03-23-2010 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Got it working!
georget99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:14 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
My PRS-300 has taken as long as 30 minutes to recover from being plugged in to my computer. During that time, the silly circle-arrows icon displays, but often do not move for minutes. This happens even if I do nothing to the reader while it is plugged in.

Experimentation showed that the recovery time depends on the number of books on the reader. 10 books, very fast (seconds). 500 books, very slow (many minutes!). As a result, I now limit the number of books on my reader to those that I might be interested in reading within a few weeks.

Also note that I never charge the reader from the computer using USB. Inserting and removing the PSP round plug does not cause the reader to waste my time while it contemplates its navel. I can still use my computer as the power source, because I have one of the dual-ended cables (USB and PSP 4mm).
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2010, 01:00 PM   #3
ctol
Groupie
ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Fire Tablet, Windows RT Tablet Windows Phone
Georget99, a question. When you unplug your reader from your computer are you just unplugging it without going through a hardware removal process first? I have found that when unplugging mine from my windows laptop if I do not go into my computer and eject it using the hardware removal option mine does the same thing. If I do this it takes less time for it to go to the home screen. This is true especially if I have had it connected using the Sony book catalogue program. This may or may not be causing your problem.
ctol is offline   Reply With Quote