Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 01-12-2009, 12:48 AM   #1
cobalt8
Enthusiast
cobalt8 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, iPhone
Color EZ Readers Announced at CES 2009

I'm not sure if this has been posted anywhere else, so forgive me if it has. Here's a video showing 4 new colors of the Astak EZ Reader at their booth at CES 2009. According to the video, they're going to offer blue, red, silver and white, in addition to the existing black. No release date was mentioned, but she does indicate a price point of $349.00.

Video is avaiable here.

Last edited by cobalt8; 01-12-2009 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Fixed broken link. Thanks wallcraft
cobalt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:17 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt8 View Post
Video is avaiable here.
Bad link, video is here.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2009, 02:54 PM   #3
cobalt8
Enthusiast

I think this appeared in another thread somewhere, but here is another video where the Astak spokesperson (whom I believe has been active in the forums here before) quotes a price of $299.00 that he states will stay in effect until the end of February.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3gshDchF-o.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:29 PM   #4
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
When you say "color EZ Readers" .... I would think you were talking about a color screen.

Since I don't see any evidence of that, I must assume that you are just saying that the case is coming out in new colors.

It must have been a slow news day.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:30 PM   #5
cobalt8
Enthusiast

You know.. I didn't even think of that. lol I didn't mean to mislead anyone. I'm currently in the process of deciding on which e-reader to purchase and was thinking of passing the EZ Reader over because of the blandness of its design. The red Sony has had my eye for awhile due to the obvious attention to design. However, I normally avoid Sony products due to their habit of locking people into proprietary formats. So when I came across this video, it was a pretty big deal to me.
Advert
Old 01-13-2009, 05:41 PM   #6
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt8 View Post
You know.. I didn't even think of that. lol I didn't mean to mislead anyone. I'm currently in the process of deciding on which e-reader to purchase and was thinking of passing the EZ Reader over because of the blandness of its design. The red Sony has had my eye for awhile due to the obvious attention to design. However, I normally avoid Sony products due to their habit of locking people into proprietary formats. So when I came across this video, it was a pretty big deal to me.
Understandable. I do not like Sony products much at all, which has more to do with their customer service, which I find to be deplorable. So, I think it's great that you will be able to get a device that isn't tied to Sony's format and can still be in the color that you desire.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote