Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-06-2017, 04:02 PM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Repairing Pdf to Epub Conversions?

How can I repair pdf-to-epub conversions?

Some pdfs only show blank pages on the Kindle, so I'm trying to convert from pdf to epub and eventually to mobi. This one's a simple pdf with a good text layer and only 1 image. And 1 column.

Different conversion software has different bugs.

So the original pdf has the best text layer, and the Calibre epub has the best cover, but the Calibre epub has p breaks between every few lines, with erratic spacing, while the other epubs have chapter breaks between every 2 pages, and erratic font-size changes, and probably ocr errors.

I can't find and remove all the p-breaks, or I'd remove the necessary ones along with the extra ones.

I'm not sure how to overwrite a bad text layer with a good one.

I can't open all 3 epubs at the same time in case I want to splice together 1 epub with the best sections from all 3.

P.S. The original pdf was left-justified, rather than double-justified, so most lines triggered line-unwrapping. The original pdf has tabs at the beginning of each paragraph.

Last edited by MarjaE; 04-06-2017 at 04:19 PM.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 04:43 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Did you try adjusting PDF Input->Line unwrapping factor. Try reducing by a couple of points, if that makes it worse, try increasing by a couple of points.

As this is more of a conversion issue I'm moving the thread to that sub-forum.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
ebook-edit, epub, pdf