Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-04-2012, 03:04 PM   #46
digory
Enthusiast
digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
*snip*
Of course the next step was having a look into "/var/local/java/keystore/" and voila, the whole content changed. There's no longer a developer.keystore, but instead "developer-application.keystore" and "application.keystore" (the new content of the folder "/var/local/java/keystore/" and the message in .azw format are attached to this post
*snip*
My Kindle Touch came with an application.keystore and a developer-application.keystore from shipping, although Firmware version is still 5.1.0. I wonder if that's the reason why I can't seem to get any Java application to work. Anybody figured out how to use these keystores?
digory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:29 AM   #47
spl0it
spl0it began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by digory View Post
My Kindle Touch came with an application.keystore and a developer-application.keystore from shipping, although Firmware version is still 5.1.0. I wonder if that's the reason why I can't seem to get any Java application to work. Anybody figured out how to use these keystores?
Now it seems to that every time i connect to the interet (through wifi, I've got no 3G) the developer.keystore is deleted.
Probably removing autoupdating feature would help, as it's clearly the fault.
spl0it is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2012, 07:20 AM   #48
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by spl0it View Post
Now it seems to that every time i connect to the interet (through wifi, I've got no 3G) the developer.keystore is deleted.
Probably removing autoupdating feature would help, as it's clearly the fault.
There does seem to be the idea floating around Amazon that these machines still belong to them, even after they have sold it to someone else.

If (when) I buy a printed on paper book, I don't expect the publisher to come around and rip out pages while I am reading it, it is MINE!
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:48 AM   #49
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
At first: thank you for beeing the first one, who gives feedback
(until now the forum looked a bit dead to me )
I bumped your karma to 2600 as soon as I noticed this thread (and I check new threads several times per day). 2600 karma is an award for sharing things that add value to the kindle. It is also a famous "hacker number" that predates personal computers (and laid the foundation for apple computer).

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-08-2012 at 06:54 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #50
cyclops0000
Padawan Learner
cyclops0000 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle Touch
can someone pleeeaaaasssee release this for KT?
cyclops0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2012, 10:55 PM   #51
chovan
chovan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
K3MusicManager - A GUI for MPlayer [Version 2.3]

(- Install kaffeine, because sleep mode causes mplayer to stop after a few seconds)
Don't think you need to use kaffeine just for this reason. Modify following codes in control.sh file in mplayer should do the work. And the screen save would be re-activated after you exit mplayer.

loadplaylist() {
if ! cmd “loadlist $1″; then
## $MPLAYER -loop 0 -playlist $1 &
( lipc-set-prop com.lab126.powerd preventScreenSaver 1; $MPLAYER -loop 0 -playlist $1; lipc-set-prop com.lab126.powerd preventScreenSaver 0 ) &
fi
}
chovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:19 PM   #52
Chrishnaw
Chrishnaw can extract oil from cheeseChrishnaw can extract oil from cheeseChrishnaw can extract oil from cheeseChrishnaw can extract oil from cheeseChrishnaw can extract oil from cheeseChrishnaw can extract oil from cheeseChrishnaw can extract oil from cheeseChrishnaw can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G (k3w)
Quote:
K3MusicManager - A GUI for MPlayer [Version 2.3]

A normal Amazon-KDK-Kindlet isn't allowed to access the whole file system or even execute files so you need to grant special permissions:
- SSH into your Kindle and edit the file /opt/amazon/ebook/security/external.policy
- Add the following 4 lines to the block called 'grant signedBy "Kindlet" {' (this should be somewhere at the top)

Sorry to be a complete noob, but how on earth does one exactly "SSH into a Kindle"?
Chrishnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:41 PM   #53
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishnaw View Post

Sorry to be a complete noob, but how on earth does one exactly "SSH into a Kindle"?
The SSH (Secure SHell) server (a service) is part of the USBnetworking package.

A SSH client is a part of both Linux and Mac installations.
On Windows (of course not included) the most often used client is PuTTY.

Follow the directions with the USBnetworking package to set up your Kindle.

Using an ssh client - lots of information about that on the 'net - including a long series of threads at this site. (set the index prefix filter to 'tutorial')
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote