Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-24-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
possiblyimagine
possiblyimagine is kind to children and small, furry animalspossiblyimagine is kind to children and small, furry animalspossiblyimagine is kind to children and small, furry animalspossiblyimagine is kind to children and small, furry animalspossiblyimagine is kind to children and small, furry animalspossiblyimagine is kind to children and small, furry animalspossiblyimagine is kind to children and small, furry animalspossiblyimagine is kind to children and small, furry animalspossiblyimagine is kind to children and small, furry animalspossiblyimagine is kind to children and small, furry animalspossiblyimagine is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony Reader Wifi
PRS-T1 Root

Hi,

I have never rooted an Android device before, and cannot understand the google-translated instructions here: http://translate.google.com/translat...hp%3Ft%3D21458. Has anyone written out instructions in English?

Specifically, I am following the "without MS Windows" instructions (on a Mac). It just doesn't seem to work, but that could be because I am misreading the instructions. For example, exactly which files do we have to copy, where? Also, I don't understand what "sync" in step 5 means, nor exactly when I should press Home and Menu, nor what it means to "include reader".

I hope someone can help me out! I'm really excited to try out these new android things.

Thanks!
possiblyimagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:31 PM   #2
possiblyimagine
possiblyimagine is kind to children and small, furry animalspossiblyimagine is kind to children and small, furry animalspossiblyimagine is kind to children and small, furry animalspossiblyimagine is kind to children and small, furry animalspossiblyimagine is kind to children and small, furry animalspossiblyimagine is kind to children and small, furry animalspossiblyimagine is kind to children and small, furry animalspossiblyimagine is kind to children and small, furry animalspossiblyimagine is kind to children and small, furry animalspossiblyimagine is kind to children and small, furry animalspossiblyimagine is kind to children and small, furry animals

Also, if this is not the right forum for discussion of rooting the Sony Reader, please let me know where I could find a more appropriate place to ask my questions. Thanks!
Advert
Old 11-27-2011, 01:58 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Check out the Wiki or this thread for help.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:42 PM   #4
possiblyimagine

Thanks for your reply. However, as I mentioned, I actually don't understand the directions, since they are translated from Russain. I have tried following the "without MS Windows" directions, and either they don't work, or I am doing it incorrectly. Can someone help? (The specific problems are in my original message.)
Old 11-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #5
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Hi there,

In generall I disagree with Ashjuk, but in this particular case I'm with him
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashjuk View Post
Methinks you should have stuck to the old adage - "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
But in case you want to make you unhappy:
Copy "PRS-T1 Updater.package" and the two folders "tmp" and "update" (to be found in the folder sdcard) to your T1 (root folder, what ever shows up in Finder on your Mac)

Regarding 5) I'm not used to Mac but
Quote:
sync; unmount the card reader, disconnect ..
should be clear. For Windows I would translate it to Safe-Disconnect removeable media. Do whatever you do to safely eject a removeable media.

Hold MENU and HOME buttons pressed while restarting "Hold down 5 seconds after the screen appeared Opening book."

B) find a friend with a Windows Box and run the root-package form there

But once again if you are not knowing what you are doing consider Ashjuk,
and use the T1 the way it was designed, and read.....
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert