Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-20-2010, 12:45 PM   #1
sissiromy
sissiromy began at the beginning.

Device: droid x
Calibre not showing Save to Device Icon

I have a new Droid X and I use Win XP SP3 on my desktop. I downloaded version 0.7.34 directly from the calibre website and installed it.
1) In reading the Calibre User guide, I should have an icon across the top showing "Send to Device" but my screen looks quite different, and does not show some of the icons. It only shows "Save to Disk". What am I missing?
2) I proceeded to click on "Save to Disk" anyway and browse to the USB drive disk that my Droid X represents. But the manual says if you Send to Device, calibre would automatically convert to a format your device can read. In this case, "Save to Disk" just sticks the file into that directory in the original format (in my case, it's .prc - no DRM). But in the directory for Droid X as shown on my desktop computer, there is now a directory showing my new ebook title.
3) I then unplugged my Droid X and then opened Aldiko ebook reader on it. It does not show my ebook.
PLEASE advise. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Sissi.
sissiromy is offline   Reply With Quote