Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-03-2010, 10:18 PM   #1
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
I took a screenshot. Now, is there a way to see it directly in my Kindle?

I have a K3, btw.
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:23 PM   #2
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
I don't think you can view it right after taking it on your Kindle.... >_<; If you make a Pictures folder in the root directory of the Kindle and then place the image file there, it should probably show up on your Kindle with a weird name....?
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2010, 10:50 PM   #3
AthenaAtDelphi
"Gnothi Seauton"
AthenaAtDelphi doesn't litterAthenaAtDelphi doesn't litter

Device: Asus Eee 1000H, BeBook Mini, Kindle 3 WiFi
Depends on what you mean with directly .

If it's a JPEG, GIF, PNG, or BMP file, there are 2 possibilities:
1. send the file to Amazon for conversion;
2. convert the file yourself to a PDF file with PDFill PDF Tools ("9. Convert Image to PDF") ;

BTW, always safe your screenshots as PNG files, not as a BMP files: the quality is the same, but the size is much smaller.
AthenaAtDelphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:41 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

It creates a GIF file and stores it in the documents folder on the Kindle. Look for filenames similar to this: screen_shot-24915.gif.

I know of no way to view it directly using the Kindle.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:22 PM   #5
foldh7
foldh7 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Hello Francesco,
You have been some hours earlier with our question - but I already had it "on my lips" for some days...just no time to post. Until a few minutes ago:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=101292
foldh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2010, 10:47 PM   #6
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by foldh7 View Post
Hello Francesco,
You have been some hours earlier with our question - but I already had it "on my lips" for some days...just no time to post. Until a few minutes ago:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=101292
Oh, well, that happens.
It seems that this is a feature we'll have to request to Amazon.

Btw, what I want to do with it is to get a map and directions from google maps, then create a screenshot to consult later on.
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:27 PM   #7
jphphotography
Zealot
jphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle 3 6" 3G + wifi, Sony PRS-300, iTouch 4G, Galaxy S Vibrant
That would be a very good use for it Francesco, I've never used the screenshot ability because I couldn't think of any reason I'd ever need it. No I have one
jphphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:56 PM   #8
foldh7
foldh7 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
solved, see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=101292
foldh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:55 PM   #9
hlanelee
hlanelee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I don't know if this would be too awkward for anyone, but I have been making "recipe cards" by using the snipping tool to make a screen shot for some time. I just "snip" the recipes I find online and save them as a jpeg file. Then I would put them on my computer when I wanted to cook something. When I got my Kindle, I decided I would like to have on my recipe cards on it. Here is what I do:

1. Insert the jpeg image into a Writer document in OpenOffice.
2. Save the document as an HTML file.
3. Load the HTML file into Calibre and convert it to a MOBI document.

They look great on my Kindle. Is this something that someone, wanting to see a screen shot on Kindle, would be interested in or is it too awkward?

Last edited by hlanelee; 08-30-2011 at 10:00 PM.
hlanelee is offline   Reply With Quote