Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-30-2014, 12:34 PM   #16
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by peyton View Post
I don't understand why do i have to get the png at root folders ? I never used them, i switch off the kobo under nickel to run it from scratch on kobo start menu. Are those necessary to keep ? (png files from kobo start installation in root folder)
Right, that's the way I usually exit Nickel, you don't need those .png files. They only offer some things that could aid maintenance and reading in Nickel, they are of no real value to those of us using alternative reading programs.

Luck;
Ken

They don't hurt anything being there, or use any resources, so you can leave them.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 03-30-2014 at 01:59 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:01 PM   #17
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
It does At least on my Mini with 2.8.1......
Thank you for this information!
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2014, 04:06 PM   #18
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
A lot of correct things have been said in this thread about the use of the pngs and fmon by the Kobo Start Menu. For what it is worth I hint to my own attempt to explain it.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote