Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-22-2017, 08:29 PM   #1
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Air 2, , Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2Ov1, Kobo Mini
Does the official leather case add a lot of weight?

Title says it all. I'm thinking of getting the origami leather voyage case and the pw leather case for both of my ereaders, but I don't want to add a lot of weight to the experience.

Thanks,

Have a great day

Last edited by mystika1; 02-23-2017 at 07:25 AM. Reason: No one answered
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:44 AM   #2
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
No. I have the Amazon Kindle cases for my Paperwhite. It's sturdy and protects the Paperwhite. The sleep/wake function actually works. It's not heavy but while I'm older than most trees I not totally decrepit yet. The case does add bulk, which I like. It gives me something to hold onto.

I have bought a couple of thinner and lighter cases. I didn't care for them. The sleep/wake function was not as reliable. There was less for me to hold on to. And the cases were hard plastic, which is fine, but when I am reading at lunch and prop my reader up the hard plastic cases slid down.

I think the Amazon Kindle cases are too expensive but, I like them. Oh, I wish they had more attractive options that a half-dozen rather dull colors.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2017, 09:04 AM   #3
cgsmom
Addict
cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GL4+, Nook GL4e, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4, iPhone 14
I just got a new Voyage and the leather case. The case does add some weight but is very easy to hold. I love the stand function so I can easily read while eating. If I am going to just sit and read, sometimes I just pop it out of the case. It is very easy. The sleep function works very well. Overall, I am very happy with the case.
cgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:44 AM   #4
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I bought the PU leather case with a decorative cover. Very light, sleep and wake works great. Was able to eliminate using a plastic cover over my screen too (which you really need if you travel with it without a cover. Folds backwards as well, which gives you a bit more to hang on to.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:46 AM   #5
kaibob
Connoisseur
kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Paperwhite 3
I was curious and looked on Amazon. The weights of the Paperwhite 2 and Voyage and the Amazon and, as a point of reference, Fintie cases are:

Kindle Paperwhite 2 without 3G - 7.3 ounces
Amazon leather Paperwhite case - 5.6 ounces
Fintie PU SmartShell case for Paperwhite - 2.9 ounces

The same information for the Voyage is:

Kindle Voyage without 3G - 6.3 ounces
Amazon leather origami case for Voyage - 4.8 ounces
Fintie PU origami case for Voyage - 2.8 ounces

I have a Paperwhite 3 and use it with the Amazon leather case. The additional weight of the Amazon case is certainly noticeable, but this doesn't bother me, and I actually like the heft and stability of the Paperwhite with the added weight.

Last edited by kaibob; 02-23-2017 at 10:48 AM.
kaibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2017, 01:36 PM   #6
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
Here is another vote for the origami case. Mine is leather. I bought the case for my ereader as soon as I received the Voyage. I actually like the way it folds back and it is very easy to hold. I don't find it heavy at all and I just like the leather feel!
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote