Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-07-2016, 01:48 AM   #16
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
As far as I can tell, the only actual information of any description that they have is that Amazon purchased LiquaVista... hardly news, we've all known for a while now and numerous people are eagerly awaiting word of when they will come out with a viable product to mass-produce and sell.

We have been waiting for a while.

So the usual source of suspicious news and inaccurate reviews has graced us with the news that Amazon now owns LiquaVista and presumably tasked them to investigate a color E-Ink Kindle?
Well, good for them! Next thing you know, they will make the front page with an article about how the sun rises in the east, Canadians live in Canada, and a guy named Hoover was once the president of the US.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 03:06 AM   #17
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I don't care about covers on a small-screened color ebook reader, because I can't imagine staring at the cover for hours and hours and getting any pleasure out of it. I acknowledge that some people enjoy staring at covers for a very lengthy amount of time, so all power to those types of individuals who enjoy that activity!
Nah, but it would be a nice wanna-have

Tweakers.net also reports the news now, but they also have GoodEReader as a source.

Last edited by Katsunami; 07-07-2016 at 03:09 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2016, 06:49 AM   #18
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I don't care about covers on a small-screened color ebook reader, because I can't imagine staring at the cover for hours and hours and getting any pleasure out of it. I acknowledge that some people enjoy staring at covers for a very lengthy amount of time, so all power to those types of individuals who enjoy that activity!
If the screen is eight. Inches or larger you can do comics and art books.

You also have a viable replacement for millions of technical manuals which of necessity must be readable in direct sunlight.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:02 AM   #19
Kode
Kode began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Well, good for them! Next thing you know, they will make the front page with an article about how the sun rises in the east, Canadians live in Canada, and a guy named Hoover was once the president of the US.
Have you tried the search button on the site? Those articles are probably already there.
Kode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:31 AM   #20
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
The Tweedles' own comment under their article:

Quote:
The only uncertainty is the release date, ...
I'm pretty sure it'll be Mothers' Day.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2016, 09:31 AM   #21
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode View Post
Have you tried the search button on the site? Those articles are probably already there.
Actually, I was too terrified to search -- I was afraid I'd find such articles!
Old 07-07-2016, 10:21 AM   #22
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Actually, I was too terrified to search -- I was afraid I'd find such articles!
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post

LOL
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:26 AM   #23
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
As far as I can tell, the only actual information of any description that they have is that Amazon purchased LiquaVista... hardly news, we've all known for a while now and numerous people are eagerly awaiting word of when they will come out with a viable product to mass-produce and sell.

We have been waiting for a while.

So the usual source of suspicious news and inaccurate reviews has graced us with the news that Amazon now owns LiquaVista and presumably tasked them to investigate a color E-Ink Kindle?
Was this the same Hoover that made vacuum cleaners? I thought Canadians lived in Unalaska. You mean the sun doesn't set in the west.
Mind blown.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:55 AM   #24
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Was this the same Hoover that made vacuum cleaners? I thought Canadians lived in Unalaska. You mean the sun doesn't set in the west.
Mind blown.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:02 PM   #25
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Mind blown.
There may be some Canadians that live in Unalaska, Alaska.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:19 PM   #26
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
I always thought if you wanted to unalaska someone you had to put them on a plane to California.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:02 AM   #27
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post

"The only uncertainty is the release date, ..."

Yeah but to match goodereader, you will need to narrow it down to what Mothers' Day you mean (US, UK or somewhere else?), oh and possibly what year too. 'Cos it's not like they'd just pick a day and say something will be released then. Would they? That'd just be silly.

Last edited by soulfuldog; 07-08-2016 at 10:05 AM.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 01:52 PM   #28
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
To be fair, Amazon might have stuck liquivista in a closet and forgotten about it had it not been for our intrepid reporters. I do that all the time with stuff I get off eBay.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 04:51 PM   #29
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
To be fair, Amazon might have stuck liquivista in a closet and forgotten about it had it not been for our intrepid reporters. I do that all the time with stuff I get off eBay.
Operating under the theory that Amazon was interested in color ereaders, that would be like forgetting your brand-new car, not a $5 eBay doodad.

What kind of eBay stuff do you typically forget about?
Old 07-08-2016, 05:35 PM   #30
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Operating under the theory that Amazon was interested in color ereaders, that would be like forgetting your brand-new car, not a $5 eBay doodad.

What kind of eBay stuff do you typically forget about?
Actually, on Amazon's cash flow scale, Liquavista *is* a $5 ebay impulse buy. The kind where, two weeks later you go "what was this supposed to be good for?"
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote