Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 06-28-2008, 11:56 PM   #1
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave
Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505SC
Falbe, Tracy, Union of Renegades: The Rys Chronicles Book I

Hello Ebook Readers,

I am Tracy Falbe, the author of The Rys Chronicles epic fantasy series.

I have attached the first book in this series: Union of Renegades.

It is a complete fantasy novel and I am the registered copyright holder. I give it away at my website http://www.braveluck.com as a promotion for the series. This series is also in print. I have chosen to share this novel at this forum, but I do not give permission for other people to reproduce or distribute it elsewhere. Interested readers may download it and hopefully enjoy. (In addition to MobiPocket, this free book is available in HTML, PDF, RTF, and LIT at http://www.braveluck.com.)

Here's the promo text from the back cover:

Dreibrand Veta has killed for his country. At the frontlines of imperial expansion, he seeks to rebuild the fortune of his noble family. In his daring travels he encounters the rys, a race far more powerful than the human empire that bred him. Dreibrand cannot defy the rys Queen Onja nor defend his companion, Miranda, and her children from the wicked tyrant Queen.

Desperate for help, Dreibrand and Miranda join Shan, a rys with emerging powers who plans to challenge Onja. In Shan’s pursuit of the rys throne, he exerts his magical powers, gathers his allies, and incites rebellion among Onja’s human subjects.

Great wealth and power will reward the kings, warriors, and spies that align themselves with the rys pretender, but defeat could mean worse than death. Onja can imprison souls and her genocidal rage is legendary. Everything is at risk for Shan’s union of renegades.

Readers from around the world have enjoyed this fantasy.

Thanks for looking!
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: prc Union_of_Renegades_The_Rys_Chronicles_BookI.prc (1,006.5 KB, 1574 views)
Falbe Publishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:22 PM   #2
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Welcome, Tracy, and thanks for the option to read one of the books for free. I plan to do so shortly.

But I'm curious -- You list your device as the Sony yet the formats that are available do not include the Sony (it is easy enough to convert several of the other formats to the Sony one). Why?
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2008, 12:29 AM   #3
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave
Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Welcome, Tracy, and thanks for the option to read one of the books for free. I plan to do so shortly.

But I'm curious -- You list your device as the Sony yet the formats that are available do not include the Sony (it is easy enough to convert several of the other formats to the Sony one). Why?
Hi, Thanks for the question. I am planning on getting an ebook reader soon, probably the latest Sony model. I joined this forum in order to research ebook reading technology more thoroughly. So, I entered "Sony" in my profile because I had to enter something.

As for the Sony format of my ebooks, I have the rich text files right now, which I have confirmed with a user works on Sony readers.

I would love to be able to make actual Sony formatted ebooks, but I am not sure how. If you know of a resource where I could learn to do this and obtain the creator software, please point me in the right direction.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:23 AM   #4
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I think the best tools you can use are BookDesigner https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Book_Designer in which an excellent tutorial can be found at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10313 or Calibre at http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/

I ran your lit version threw Calibre and in just a few minutes came up with a nicely formatted LRF version. Attached are some screen shots of the book from the Sony eBook Library software:
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.JPG
Views:	1254
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	13954   Click image for larger version

Name:	chapter 1.JPG
Views:	1243
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	13955   Click image for larger version

Name:	toc.JPG
Views:	1335
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	13956  
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:30 PM   #5
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave

Thanks for the information. I'll get to work on it when I get a chance.
Advert
Old 07-02-2008, 05:08 PM   #6
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I see your from Chico. I grew up there, ah good times.
=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epic fantasy, free ebook, original novel