Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-16-2012, 09:48 PM   #76
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I have my entire collection on my iPad (around 2000 books). The reason that I use iBooks rather than the Kindle app for most of my reading is because I can organize the books into collections. I'm still looking for that perfect book catalog (kind of like Calibre) that works on the iPad and will launch the ebook in the reading app of my choice. Even better, a book catalog on my iPad that will sync with Calibre and launch the ebook in the reading app of my choice.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:08 PM   #77
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagansoul View Post
I have my iPad with me right now, 64GB. This is what is on her not including music, pictures, TV, Movies or Gaming Apps.

1) Catalogues: Ikea, Crate & Barrel, Plow & Hearth, Williams-Sonoma, West Elm, Viva Terra, Home Decorators, Brookstone & CB2.
2) App called Civil War Today (history Channel)
3) Next Issue: Cooking Light (8 issues), Southern Living (2 issues), This Old House (8 issues), Vogue (5 issues), InStyle (5 issues), Conde Nast Traveler (3 issues).
4) Zinio: (all are yearly subscriptions) Good Food, Everyday Food, Dwell, Tatoo, iPhone Life, Macworld, Mother Earth News, Natl Geo, Natl Geo Traveler, Paranormal, Handyman & Whole Living (this year I was given OK and Star subscription for free).
5) Comic Zeal reader: part of my collection of Classics Illustrated (about 20 issues)
6) GoodReader: Natl Lampoon 90s (28 issues), MAD comic (26 issues)
7) Comic Plus: 40 free issues of misc comics
8) kindle reader: 14 books, Taste of Home (4 issues), Arts & Crafts Homes (2 issues)
9) iBooks: about 31 books
10) Newsstand: bon appetit (5 issues), Real Simple (10 issues), Empire (2 issues), HGTV (6 issues), Glamour (4 issues).

As you can see I love pictures and color. The iPad is the clear winner if you want to read comics and magazines. If you love cook books and travel books it can't be beat.
I am so green with envy!!!
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2012, 12:28 AM   #78
vulcan_girl
Groupie
vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350
Who knows what I'll want to read next, so all of them, about 1100, give or take. I do delete books after I've read them if I have no intention of reading it again.
vulcan_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:20 AM   #79
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
If the archive kept the same collections my books are in so I could more easily browse my titles I might keep much less in my kindle itself. But face it their archive is just terrible. It isn't a book collection which implies some order but a giant pit you throw books into with the newest on top and no way to dig down through the mess to find the one book you are looking for. It's fine if you have 20 books. Bad at 2000. Completely unworkable at 20,000.

Last edited by crossi; 10-17-2012 at 06:22 AM.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:16 AM   #80
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
I am so green with envy!!!
Right now I'm reading 'dwell - 100 Kitchens We Love. I just did a remodel of my kitchen and I love looking at what others do with their spaces.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert