Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-09-2012, 08:40 AM   #46
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
I find that Goodreads helps me with "finding" a book I may have had an interest in.
I'll come across a book, a freebie, and then look it up on Goodreads, and realize, oh, I had this on a "want to read" category, and voila...

The reverse is true, I'll come across a book on Goodreads that "looks interesting", then I'll search in my library to see if I already have it, and voila, it was a download I hadn't paid much attention to until reading some blurb caught my interest...

I don't find "browsing" on my reader any more clunky than when I had a physical book that I had read while putting clothes in the drier, and then misplace it because the children dumped their laundry all over it, and come close to putting it in the washing machine
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #47
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
Same for me. Part of the appeal of an e-reader for me is having my entire library that I can take with me wherever I go, whatever I'm in the mood to read (or re-read).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I have a little over 2000 on my Nook Color. I like to have them all there because I never know what I want to read next and I like to read books over and over.
Apache
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #48
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Not my entire library, but currently 300 on my DX. Sometimes I have 1/2 dozen going at the same time.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #49
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I have about five ebooks on mine right now ... and I'm overdue for a cleanup and feeling a bit cluttered to tell the truth.
I know the feeling. I usually have less than 10 books on mine.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:28 PM   #50
Ntsimp
Zealot
Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD, Android
I currently have something like 1800. I'm running out of room on my 8GB SD card, and have asked my wife to get me a 32GB for my upcoming birthday.
Ntsimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 03:33 PM   #51
morriss003
Evangelist
morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by redryder View Post
Do you guys managed to complete a book in one sitting or do you get tempted to switch books halfway?

It gets very tempting for me, when I have so many books stored in the device that I want to read. Sometimes I yearn for the old days when all I had was one book on a flight and I had no choice but to finish it properly.
It's rare for me to finish a book without opening another unless the book is really excellent. I did recently read Half Way Home by Howey on my kindle and the newest hardback by Flint/Gannon.
morriss003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:14 PM   #52
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
My Sony PRS-505 I put as many books on it as it will hold.

My Kindle has all of the books that I've purchased from Amazon, minus the ones that I have read. I have been reading my books in the order that I aquired them and my device preserves that order while the archive does not. I have not filled it up yet.

My Sony T1 only has the books I'm reading at the moment. It is *supposed* to replace my 505, but it does not organize my books the same way and I actually prefer the way the 505 manages my books compared to either of my newer readers, so I use the 505 to decide what to read and then I upload only that book -- or series -- to the T1.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #53
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redryder View Post
Do you guys managed to complete a book in one sitting or do you get tempted to switch books halfway?
I read one and only one book on each reader, but I have multiple readers and multiple books going on at the same time.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #54
piper28
Zealot
piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have somewhere in the 800-1000 range on my kindle, which is basically most of the books that I have that I'd ever consider rereading, and books that I haven't read yet that I do want to read. My wife's kind had about 3200 on it, but we were having some issues with it rebooting a lot, and taking forever to do so, so we've just cleaned it down into the 800 range also.

I like having everything I might want to read on the kindle. To me, that's part of the point in having it.

While I normally do read all the way through a book before moving on to some, sometimes I just get in a mood where I just don't want to finish reading whatever it is I started, and will move on. And sometimes I've started a book that I decided was just so bad, I didn't see the point in finishing it.
piper28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #55
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
I have about 1200 books on my Kindle and all are unread. I only keep unread books on my Kindle, not my entire library. Once done reading, I go into Calibre mark book as READ with the date and delete off my Kindle.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #56
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
I have 113 on my Kindle. It's all the ebooks I have. I don't delete any of them. I don't like the thought of not having them all with me. It's like how you need to know where your kids are at all times, to know they're safe. I have a sickness.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:33 AM   #57
supermighty
Groupie
supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2
All of them.
supermighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:39 AM   #58
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I just got my new Paperwhite a couple of days ago, and after still having 195 unread book on my old Kindle 3 (which represented only a part of all the unread books I have), I was determined to keep the book count on the Paperwhite low.

A few hours later, I realised I'd already put a good fifty books on it...

Sigh. Good intentions, and all that. I expect it'll end up just as cluttered as my K3 was, simply because I can never decide what to read next and I have a lot of books that sound about equal (i.e. "things that sound sort of interesting", not "omg must read now"), and I constantly change my mind about what I want to read next, so I do prefer to have a reasonably big selection of different things at hand.

I keep all my books in Calibre, so at least I've got good about deleting/removing the books I've read from the actual Kindle immediately after finishing them, with the exception of a handful of books I always want to keep at hand.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:53 AM   #59
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
I keep the current book I'm reading and 5 to 10 on my TBR list. Even though I can, I see no need to carry my entire library. I have a wi-fi K4 and if I'm out of town and feel in the pinch to download something else, I'll go get a cup of coffee and sit in a starbucks for a minute.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:03 AM   #60
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I keep around 20 books on each device. When I've finished a book I usually delete it (if possible). Apart from my next few "planned" reads I keep a selection of non-fiction and short story collections of different kinds on the device so there's always something to fit the moment at hand.
If I had hundreds of books on my device there's a risk I'd just spend my time going through the library over and over trying to decide, instead of actually reading. I know myself well enough to avoid at least some of the things I deal badly with...
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote