Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-01-2011, 06:23 PM   #1
markrich
markrich will become famous soon enoughmarkrich will become famous soon enoughmarkrich will become famous soon enoughmarkrich will become famous soon enoughmarkrich will become famous soon enoughmarkrich will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura One, Samsung tablets
Reader Store / Google Books in UK?

I have had my T1 for almost 3 weeks now.
I am generally happy with it bar one frustrating problem.

When will the UK Reader Store or Google Books start working?

It's very annoying to have these buttons teasing and inviting me to press them without any result other than 'Coming Soon'.

The local Sony store had a rep telling them it should be up with 10000 books for both Android tablet and the reader but nothing here yet. Also told elsewhere that end of October was the date but that's gone now too.

Where is the store? Does anyone know when this will arrive?

Mark
markrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
Nicko
Groupie
Nicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite3
I share your frustration. In NZ we kept getting the "coming soon" message and suddenly last week up popped three stores. Whitcoulls, Borders, and Angus & Robinson. Not much of an improvement but at least it is something. When I purchased my T1 I thought I would be able to connect to the Sony Store and have access to many books. I now know there are plenty of other ways of getting ebooks, but you don't know that when you obtain your first eReader.
I note that in Preferences I have the Region set to Australia.

Last edited by Nicko; 11-01-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2011, 06:45 PM   #3
Skip_intro
Culture Eccentric
Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T1 Red
We hear December 1st is the new start date for the Reader Store in the UK.
Skip_intro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:06 AM   #4
richyhu
Enthusiast
richyhu is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue), PRS-700, PRS-T1 (Black)
I am in the UK and as I already had an account at the US reader store have configured my T1 to use this. The wireless downloads work fine both for books and for periodicals such as The Guardian and Harvard Business Review and Google Books also works ok, although I can never find much of interest in Google Books to be honest.

Last edited by richyhu; 11-02-2011 at 06:10 AM.
richyhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #5
clewley
clewley began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3
It comes up on screen, This Spring, as the opening. I hope it's this year.
Not told about this in the Sony shop where I bought it. pc World had a notice up saying, no need for a computer.
Wrote to Sony to say that I felt cheated.
clewley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #6
Hopskinny
Enthusiast
Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
I share your frustration. In NZ (snip) I note that in Preferences I have the Region set to Australia.
I don't think that Sony realises that NZ exists as a separate and sovereign country! They seem to assume that NZ is an Australian state, because there is no option to record your location as NZ in preferences - location defaults to Australia.

Pity, because they don't spell properly across the ditch!
Hopskinny is offline   Reply With Quote