Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-23-2011, 10:05 AM   #1
The Big Kahuna
You keep using that word.
The Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Sony reader, text fading in sunlight

I noticed a few threads some time ago regarding this, and have had the problem myself. Purely by chance I figured out how to avoid it. I rarely visit this forum these days so apologies if this is old news and other people have posted the following already.

The text doesn't actually fade whilst reading, it's only if the page is turned whilst the screen is in direct sunlight. For example, if a small section of the page is in sunlight and the rest is in shadow, when I turn the page, only the text that was in sunlight is feint. Now, when turning pages, I move the screen into shadow, or hold it flat against my chest, until the page has changed.

As I said, you may all know this by now, but with summer finally here (for the next few days anyway) if there's just one person who's concerned their reader is buggered it was worth posting.

Happy reading
The Big Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
...I do not think it means what you think it means....

Sorry, had to finish your quote under your user name

I have seen that posted on here before, but it's a good reminder for anyone who is having this difficulty
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2011, 04:24 AM   #3
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I had the fading issue a little bit with 500, but not at all with 505 or 650.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote