Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-08-2009, 03:19 PM   #16
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
YES! This WORKS! I just deleted two books I no longer want.

There is only one trick. If you moved the book to the "Trash" in your media library, you have to move it back to your collection before you can delete it from Manage Your Kindle.

(This is big news, so I think I will start a new thread with more complete instructions for anyone searching later to find.)

Last edited by whitearrow; 12-08-2009 at 03:25 PM.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:30 PM   #17
Rootman
Groupie
Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Android & FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitearrow View Post
... There is only one trick. If you moved the book to the "Trash" in your media library, you have to move it back to your collection before you can delete it from Manage Your Kindle. ...
Yep, that's why I didn't see it in the Manage your Kindle page, I had previously put it in the trash in the media library. I UNtrashed it in the media library then went back to the Manage Your Kindle page and there they were, did the DELETE this ITEM thing and in a manner of minutes they were gone. Boy this is confusing.

I have edited the top most post to reflect your answer Whitearrow. Thanks for figuring this out.
Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:59 PM   #18
bxrLvr
Connoisseur
bxrLvr doesn't litterbxrLvr doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
are you paranoid about the stripping and Amazon seeing it? I wouldn't be. the ONLY reason they removed that one book that one time is because it was being treated like they had transferred stolen property.
yup, been paranoid about what amazon would do if they noticed i stripped the drm from their books...
bxrLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:24 PM   #19
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I don't think you have anything to worry about. they were tracking a specific book that they were going to get into trouble (potentially) over selling without the proper rights. there is not someone sitting there ready to pounce on bxrlvr's reading content every time you go online.

connect and relax
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:39 PM   #20
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
PERMANENT DELETE IS HERE!!!

This is no longer applicable with the new functionality that Amazon has rolled out today. See the thread that talks about deleting books from your Archive. New function available!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:20 PM   #21
Rootman
Groupie
Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Android & FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
This is no longer applicable with the new functionality that Amazon has rolled out today. See the thread that talks about deleting books from your Archive. New function available!
Yes, check out the first post.
Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote