Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 02-26-2003, 07:11 PM   #1
Empyrean
Empyrean began at the beginning.

Handstory Script Clip Development

I've been using HandStory for basic clips available on their website, as well as, my scanned transit schedule cards. It works great. I would ideally like to be able to clip my DVD collection from the DVD Profiler website (www.dvdprofiler.com). I think I need some help as I read the HandStory Clip Editor documentation and I'm not sure how to proceed or even if it's possible.

FACTS:
- The site is using FRAMES.
- You must first access the main URL before access the individual frame page.

URLS:
- The initial URL for my collection is @ http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.as...?alias=Empyrean
- The framed page with my list of DVDs is @ http://www.dvdprofiler.com/dvdpro/mycollec...ype=O&sc=C&ls=T

I primarily only want the left page and just a list of owened DVDs is fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm really just looking to find out from some more experience clip developers if it can be done and possibly which template to use.

Thanks in advance.

- AJ
Empyrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 09:21 PM   #2
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Clie TH55
Hi AJ, and welcome aboard...

I'm not sure why your pulled page (the second link) doesn't work, but it may be because it's an .asp page. I've got another user struggling with a Russian site (.stm file) that doesn't read either, so it must be an issue with non-htm/html noted files. Will inquire with HS about this issue.

If your list does not change frequently you can simply do a right click clip-to-palm when the site's open. I did that, and the file is attached below. See if that works for you. If it does and you need help with this feature, let me know. Doesn't do an update, but if your list doesn't change that oftern, and you don't mind visiting the site and right-clicking, it's a pretty fast process.

As for the scripting, I'm just beginning to dive into learning how it works (well...I understand how it works but am not to the point of getting it to work!), and I have yet to run into anyone that's farther along than I am. Hopefully this new HS-focused section will bring them out of the woods (if they're there!).
Attached Files
File Type: pdb dvd.pdb (5.1 KB, 1003 views)
gvtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2003, 10:51 PM   #3
Empyrean

Well, the second page will load once you go to the first so my thought is go to the first page, don't grab anything and then go to the second. My real issue is the 4 tempaltes that HandStory has you use really doesn't fit my need. I did email them and will post their response if I get one.
Old 02-27-2003, 09:53 PM   #4
Empyrean

Oh well! Here is the response from HandStory:

Thank you very much for your interest in clipping your DVD collection.
We regret to tell you that the handstory can't create the clip you want.
It is because of the service provider, which is www.dvdprofiler.com.
Their data base system is very unique not to access to their data for
clipping. Otherwise, the handstory cannot access only to the left-hand
frame you talked about.