Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-19-2017, 02:55 AM   #241
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe D. View Post
How easy is it to turn it on or off ? (meaning, do you have to look for the right place in the right menu, or do you have a one-tap way of doing it)
Trivial and immediate: there is (there has been) a toggle icon in the status (and control) bar at the top of the device.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 03:35 PM   #242
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So any news about the first shipment?
Advert
Old 12-22-2017, 05:09 PM   #243
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
Not shipped, yet.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 12:11 PM   #244
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Ereader-store already has a second batch for january 17. So, I guess its first batch has been sent.
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 01:39 PM   #245
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
Ereader-store already has a second batch for january 17. So, I guess its first batch has been sent.
I don't think so. I ordered in the first batch right away and in order history still says 'processing'.
Advert
Old 12-26-2017, 03:15 AM   #246
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2, Nova, Hisense A5 Pro
BOOX Max2 firmware 1.8.3 released today.

----------------------------------------

Translated by Google

----------------------------------------

Neo Reader2.0:

Fix azw3 unable to open problem
Repair neo reader2.0 browsing mode is divided into two columns failed problem;
Increase neo reader2.0 font - layout - the first line indentation options;
Adjust bookmarks icon size
Repair Neo reader 2.0 erase page refresh is not normal problem;
Repair part of the pdf document notes export failure problem;
Update PDF handwriting handwriting switch when the thickness and handwriting, handwriting handwriting intermittent problem;
Repair split-screen handwriting, line width more than 5 custom, can be painted to set the menu frame edge;
Repair chm open all the text is aligned for left and right alignment;

notes:

Repair notes handwriting fly problem fix notes handwritten touch interference;
Add notes at the top of the toolbar full brush function;

system:

Repair system time does not update the problem;
Repair Bluetooth short period of time without the problem of automatic disconnection;
Repair multi-tasking interface, a key to clear the remaining space is not updated the size of the problem;
Repair VPN lost after the restart;
Repair individual third-party reading applications (such as iReader, super star) page is not normal problems;
Repair Bluetooth keyboard connection does not show the soft keyboard problem;
Repair third-party applications onenote keyboard input and handwriting input refresh problem;
Repair Superstar application open, download the document flashback problem;
Modify some English translation issues;
Aspect of the picture to repair the length and width as a standby screen will be cross-screen problem;
Optimize Bluetooth and standby power consumption issues;
(About 2% power consumption in standby 12 hours; Bluetooth life time, one page per second, about 5 minutes 1% power consumption; every 40 seconds or so, about 30 minutes 1% power consumption; Bluetooth open not connected Standby stand still, about 60 minutes 1% power consumption

Currently existing BUG To be resolved:

The system will still enter the automatic standby timing during the use of Bluetooth and is still solving this problem;
cqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 05:02 AM   #247
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Where did you find the info about the update? ereader.store or boox.com does not have it. I wonder whether Android 6 would be ever ported back to the older devices. In the mean time I was thinking about downloading the firmware for Max2 and hack with it a bit.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 05:24 AM   #248
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2, Nova, Hisense A5 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
Where did you find the info about the update? ereader.store or boox.com does not have it. I wonder whether Android 6 would be ever ported back to the older devices. In the mean time I was thinking about downloading the firmware for Max2 and hack with it a bit.
CPU on old device doesn't support Android 6.

http://bbs.onyx-international.com.cn...extra=page%3D1
cqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 08:37 AM   #249
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqman View Post
CPU on old device doesn't support Android 6.
I know that Max2 has a different CPU so the firmware cannot be used on previous models but where did you get such general statement that the CPU of Max does not support Android 6? My guess is that even if there are some features required by the Android they can be skipped (faked) as they are not relevant for the ereader - for example NFC...
Old 12-26-2017, 09:21 AM   #250
plusz
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqman View Post
I have tried but I had to give up. I cannot download the file without having baidu account. It's too complicated to create one without knowing Chinese
Old 12-26-2017, 10:22 AM   #251
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
There is an update in my account

Preparation for Shipment
Old 12-26-2017, 11:24 AM   #252
Jayjee
Connoisseur
Jayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
Order history of my order says: "Preparing for shipment"...
Jayjee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 04:42 PM   #253
Icey
Connoisseur
Icey began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx max
How is it possible that the new onyx max book 2 doesnt have an micro SD card slot ?! I wanted to replave my onux max, bit without a SD CARD slot i cannot bring my 70 gb pdf......

Too bad
Icey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 09:33 PM   #254
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icey View Post
How is it possible that the new onyx max book 2 doesnt have an micro SD card slot ?! I wanted to replave my onux max, bit without a SD CARD slot i cannot bring my 70 gb pdf......

Too bad
Yup, talk about missed opportunities. Something to really set them apart from the rest... Would love to have the new model, but the lack of an SD card slot is a definite drawback considering that my Max is currently satisfying my needs.

I might, however, be persuaded to get a 10.3" device, depending on the specs and the software experience. At the moment, I'm thinking of just waiting to see if Remarkable will come out with a second generation model.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 02:27 AM   #255
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
I might, however, be persuaded to get a 10.3" device
The "Max mini"!

About the SD-card: yes, it would certainly have come handy, but I (for one) need the device for operation, not for storage. It has enough space to create selections.
By the way: if pressed, one could use a portable device for storage - e.g. a phone with a 250GB SD extra - and a BT bridge.

Shipment: I confirm the change of status, awaiting shipment now.