Notices

Old 01-28-2017, 05:26 PM   #1
makaryba
kindled
makaryba began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Kindle 5th battery issue after looong nap

Hi guys!
Newbie here, just found this forum. Seems like the place I was looking for with my problem...

My Kindle 5th has had little break from work (3 months) since I had screwed his screen. Few days ago I recived new (Thank you China!) which I installed properly, battery loaded, Wi-Fi and the rest work fine. I did restore and erase from all the stuff, didnt even log into Amazon Account and all I have now is 4 days of battery, when I read like 2 hours every day. There were few cycles of loading and using (Wifi off, turning off without sleep mode) and the score was always the same ~4-5 days.

I even gain another battery which was also without usage for some time, but the situation is the same. Both has 3,8v I checked with multimeter.

Is this because of the new screen or there is way to start up batteries again?

Thank you guys for your words
M
makaryba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:08 PM   #2
IFixKindles
Connoisseur
IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1 - repair many Kindle models
Let the battery have a full 24 hour charge. Generally on a full charge, you should be getting 4.1V if tested before you use it. 3.8V is a little weak unless you didn't have a full charge or used it some after the charge before you tested it.

It might also help to reboot it before the next charge to reset the battery charging circuitry. Unplug it, press and hold power 40 seconds. Then plug it in for a full charge.
IFixKindles is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2017, 07:58 AM   #3
makaryba
kindled
makaryba began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
@IFixKindles

IT wasnt fully charged then. Last night I had charged for 10 hours and in the morning it had 4,20v. After half an hour there is 4,08v.

So you say I should drain battery till it turn off by itself, plug off battery, hold power for 40 sec, plug in and load for 24 hours, yes?

What does holding button without energy source do? Does it interact somehow with motherboard?

So I have to wait now till battery s drained...
makaryba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 04:08 PM   #4
IFixKindles
Connoisseur
IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1 - repair many Kindle models
Quote:
Originally Posted by makaryba View Post
@IFixKindles

IT wasnt fully charged then. Last night I had charged for 10 hours and in the morning it had 4,20v. After half an hour there is 4,08v.

So you say I should drain battery till it turn off by itself, plug off battery, hold power for 40 sec, plug in and load for 24 hours, yes?

What does holding button without energy source do? Does it interact somehow with motherboard?

So I have to wait now till battery s drained...
No, you don't need to wait for a full drain before doing the reboot.

Have you checked for books stuck indexing? That used to be a common cause of short battery life. I'm not sure if the method I'll describe still works or not. On the home screen, select the search icon and then type in a random character string like 9jj9933kkk and have it search for it. If it returns "items not indexed" or similar, you have some stuck books in the index process. Click on that message to bring up the list of books waiting to index. Select the first and remove it from your device. Plug in so it can complete the rest of the list indexing. When a later retest shows no books left to index you can try again to download the missing one.

Also, just wondering if you tried to unstick the old battery that was glued down and reuse it. Those glued down batteries tend to be easily damaged in the removal process.
IFixKindles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, battery drain, kindle 5