Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-05-2008, 07:58 AM   #1
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Problem recognising Sony 500

Hi - just a quick heads-up to say I had a problem which might (or might not) indicate an issue with the latest download of Calibre - things were okay at first, then when I plugged the Sony into my machine (a mac) it wouldn't recognise the reader. I tried restarting, but no luck.

I got an error dialogue as follows:

PacketError: 'calibre.devices.prs500.prstypes.Answer packets must have a length of atleast 16 bytes. Got initializer of 8 bytes.
Failed to perform job: Get metadata from device
Further device related error messages will not be shown while this message is visible.
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/gui2/jobs.pyo", line 64, in run
File "calibre/gui2/device.pyo", line 76, in books
File "calibre/devices/prs500/driver.pyo", line 158, in run_session
File "calibre/devices/prs500/driver.pyo", line 809, in books
File "calibre/devices/prs500/driver.pyo", line 158, in run_session
File "calibre/devices/prs500/driver.pyo", line 479, in get_file
File "calibre/devices/prs500/driver.pyo", line 396, in _bulk_read
File "calibre/devices/prs500/driver.pyo", line 383, in bulk_read_packet
File "calibre/devices/prs500/prstypes.pyo", line 741, in __init__
PacketError: 'calibre.devices.prs500.prstypes.Answer packets must have a length of atleast 16 bytes. Got initializer of 8 bytes.
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:20 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
A reboot should fix that.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2008, 11:32 AM   #3
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Yeah, it started working a little while later, though I didn't do anything really. Go figure.
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote