Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
Raimund Parker
Raimund Parker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre /author: collapse and expand Trees?

Hi there,

i own a moderate collection of ebooks, mostly self scanned, just 1000 or so. I am ordering all collections with phrase / tag like "THRILLER", "CRIMINAL", "THRILLER (Michael B)", "THRILLER (Catherin J." and so on (friends).

Okay: The list for such cathergorized books are quite large / long.

Would it be possible, to hide all entries with the same tag like closing an folder or so? Like collapse or expand branch of books, so the booklist with all sollapsed entries will be short and if i need some books, i can expand the tree.

This will be very helpful for long lists.

Yours, Ray
Raimund Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:28 AM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
You should look into heirarchy tagging perhaps.
Would be Thriller, THRILLER.Catherin J." etc. Then you can expand/collapse them seperately
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2012, 05:05 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
You should look into hierarchy tagging perhaps.
Good idea.

Raimund Parker here is the section of the manual covering Managing subgroups of books.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:11 AM   #4
Raimund Parker
Raimund Parker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello and Thanks for the kind help. I managed to get the result as describes in the manual.

But i would like to see this in the main window, nut just in tag browser. But i will do some practice now.

Another Question(s):

1. User Plugins. Are they some you would recommend?

2. Is there a solution / plugin to update all .mobi or / and .epup files with the (right / changed / other) covers and descriptions? I know thit will happen if i save book to disk but i like an "update collection" button. Sometimes i update an epub with an new cover and convert the book to .,mobi (for my kindle). But if i use the same epup on my ipad, i often forgot to "save it first, then delete it and reupdate it to the collection / Calibre again" so i get the old/small/ugly/blurry cover instead.
Raimund Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimund Parker View Post
1. User Plugins. Are they some you would recommend?
It depends on your needs. Read through the list in the sticky at the top of the plugins forum and see if any look interesting.
Quote:
2. Is there a solution / plugin to update all .mobi or / and .epup files with the (right / changed / other) covers and descriptions? I know thit will happen if i save book to disk but i like an "update collection" button. Sometimes i update an epub with an new cover and convert the book to .,mobi (for my kindle). But if i use the same epup on my ipad, i often forgot to "save it first, then delete it and reupdate it to the collection / Calibre again" so i get the old/small/ugly/blurry cover instead.
For this, you want the Modify ePub plugin. That includes options to update the metadata and cover.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert