Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #16
lessthanyouthink
Connoisseur
lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad / iPhone / Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
The Kepub's aren't DRM'd or it lets you download a regular ePub that's not DRM'd? Since Pottermore insisted the other places use DRM it seems odd Kobo wouldn't have to as well.
The kepubs are DRM-free.
lessthanyouthink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:17 PM   #17
car01ine
car01ine is a rising star in the heavenscar01ine is a rising star in the heavenscar01ine is a rising star in the heavenscar01ine is a rising star in the heavenscar01ine is a rising star in the heavenscar01ine is a rising star in the heavenscar01ine is a rising star in the heavenscar01ine is a rising star in the heavenscar01ine is a rising star in the heavenscar01ine is a rising star in the heavenscar01ine is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo
Has anyone been able to actually purchase the Harry Potter ebooks from Pottermore? I've been trying all day to purchase them online, but, once getting to the final step in the purchase process (to charge the transaction to my credit card) I get an screen message telling me "Gateway Timeout...proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server...". Is there some trick to online purchases on this site?
car01ine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #18
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
I got them on April 5th without any problems and downloaded them directly on my computer and via the Kindle link.
I wrote to Pottermore to know why I can't get them via the Kobo link, I'll keep you informed when I get an answer back from them
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #19
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
It was ok on Wednesdsay. perhaps their servers are being heavily loaded?

Key things here. If the failure is at the purchase side of things then I believe it is a pottermore issue and not a Kobo issue as at this point Kobo isn't doing anything. It's the same purchase method for everyone. Once the purchase goes through and you link your account that's when Kobo comes into the equation, so if it's failing at the link stage, then it could be something on the Kobo side of things.

Last edited by Sharkus; 05-18-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #20
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My problem is at the link stage but someone on the Pottermore staff answered me that they known about the problem an that they are working on it
Advert
Old 05-23-2012, 04:13 PM   #21
estelle58
Cat lover

Still can't link my accounts is anybody here who was able to get the books?
Old 05-24-2012, 11:46 AM   #22
BryanK
Connoisseur
BryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by estelle58 View Post
Still can't link my accounts is anybody here who was able to get the books?
I got a book from Pottermore as a gift. I just directly downloaded the ePub file and sideloaded it on my Kobo Wifi. No problems.
BryanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #23
estelle58
Cat lover

Yes, I can download them directly on my computer and sideload them on my Kobo devices without problems but I can't link my Pottermore account and my Kobo account. Received another email from Pottermore this morning and they are still working on resolving my problem.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #24
estelle58
Cat lover

It seems that if you buy them today and link the Kobo account to your Pottermore account it works well but if you bought them a month ago like me the link isn't working
Old 05-25-2012, 11:14 PM   #25
auriel
Enthusiast
auriel began at the beginning.

Device: Black Original Kobo; iPad 2; Black Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by estelle58 View Post
It seems that if you buy them today and link the Kobo account to your Pottermore account it works well but if you bought them a month ago like me the link isn't working
I'm in the same boat as you. I bought them April 1 and did the direct download. Now that Kobo is supposedly available, I want to link my Kobo account and get correctly formatted Kepub files, the direct download ones have wonky page numbers on my KoboTouch and I don't like that. I emailed Kobo to start with, and they told me to contact Pottermore, the inability to link my account was an issue with them. Emailed Pottermore and they said to clear my cache and cookies, then it should work, which it didn't. Emailed Pottermore again and they basically told me to go away, that I should do a direct download of the epubs instead if the linking doesn't work.

Kobo told me via Facebook to post on their support forum, which I haven't done yet but plan to later tonight. I'll post here if they offer any kind of legit solution.
auriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:16 AM   #26
estelle58
Cat lover

Saw that post on the Kobo help forum. I emailed a copy of it to them and they sent me a new copy of the books and I was able to link them to my Kobo account

"I contacted pottermore with the problem and they fixed the issue months ago. They sent me an email with a link to my books as if given as a gift with a new date of purchase which fixed the problem. So contact pottermore and they'll fix it for you."