Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-06-2017, 05:03 PM   #181
deb2016
Enthusiast
deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox Max2 pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Nice link but I think with that it's not possible to set up the tablet vertically.
This ?

universal tablet stand

it is said to work with up to 15" devices.
deb2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:51 PM   #182
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb2016 View Post
This ?

universal tablet stand

it is said to work with up to 15" devices.
Just ordered. We'll see how it works.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:27 PM   #183
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@booxtor I would like to see you use the max2 in monitor mode. Browsing, writing (i.e. using MS word and zooming in), watching videos.
tracey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:23 PM   #184
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey1 View Post
@booxtor I would like to see you use the max2 in monitor mode. Browsing, writing (i.e. using MS word and zooming in), watching videos.
Gaming and colour gamut.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:46 AM   #185
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2, Nova, Hisense A5 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
Gaming and colour gamut.
You got me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	be5e5f5aa935275.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	160460  
cqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:14 AM   #186
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Gaming and colour gamut.
Actually, I considered which games could work interestingly, just out of curiosity (out of a game then), when I was testing software remote desktop solutions and demonstrations to publish. I thought about UFO Enemy Unknown/XCOM, Fallout 2, Arcanum, Sid Meyer's Alpha Centauri, Botanicula, Machinarium, Maniac Mansion and successors, Mikrogen's productions etc.

Surely, in real practice you could use well Simon Tatham's Portable Puzzle Collection (name.boyle.chris.sgtpuzzles), already working natively on the device (on Android, not as a monitor):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ris.sgtpuzzles

But, say no to drugs.

EDIT: with that good speed, also Chess and Go games would work well at more than amateur level. That could interest many people. And they are very indicated for the device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqman View Post
You got me.
Pic's fantastic.

Last edited by mdp; 12-07-2017 at 03:25 AM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:34 AM   #187
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey1 View Post
watching videos.
Watching videos, I would recommend to do it directly on the device: through VLC or whatever, of course in A2 mode etc. It worked well on the MaxCarta, it cannot but be better on the OBMC2P.

I understand you will have videos on your desktop, but why not just upload them on the device? If they are remote, e.g. youtube/vimeo, why not just use a browser on the device (with the note that yes, youtube in an Android browser is already uncomfortable in very high end devices, they must have put a cathedral of Javascript in the pages - but you have solutions like YouTube downloaders on the device for that, right? Identify, download, play with VLC).

Last edited by mdp; 12-07-2017 at 03:37 AM.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:40 AM   #188
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,

I already uploaded a short comparison. Made it especially for you
Booxtor,

You made the first video of the main function, the reading function. THANKS !

I see a little (a very little) difference between the both screens. The Carta is just a little better than the MAX2. I presume that the difference come from the diffusion of the light in the capacitive layer. It's like that an other 'printer' was used to print the document than the one used for the Carta.

And it's not easy to do something like your video with an artificial light, I've already try it without success. And I prefer read my M92 in natural light or with an artificial light that reproduce the natural light. So, I'm very happy with your comparison and I 'm pretty sure that the impression will be better with a natural light

for your attention.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:54 AM   #189
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
I see a little (a very little) difference between the both screens. The Carta is just a little better than the MAX2. I presume that the difference come from the diffusion of the light in the capacitive layer.
But to be sure (and do something measurable) he should have also rotated the two devices around the center of the screen, to swap them: the light in the room was not even and it was in favour of the MaxCarta.

So, again, in real live it will be better than that.

Last edited by mdp; 12-07-2017 at 08:47 AM. Reason: .../also/ rotated...
Old 12-07-2017, 06:34 AM   #190
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
But to be sure (and do something measurable) he should have rotated the two devices around the center of the screen, to swap them: the light in the room was not even and it was in favour of the MaxCarta.

So, again, in real live it will be better than that.
The main light come from the left : better for the Carta. The left hand's shadow is more contrasted, more distinct than the right hand's shadow.

And yes, in real it will be better as Booxtor said it.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:54 PM   #191
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Currently I am taking some short videos about particular features of Max2. If you want me to record something special, please write your wishes here.
I am interested in seeing the differences also brought by Android 6 - were new features added to the user interface?
Old 12-07-2017, 06:17 PM   #192
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Watching videos, I would recommend to do it directly on the device:
Why would anyone like to watch washed out jerky black and white videos on ereader in 2018?
That's what homo sapiens did 100 years ago!
Help!
Old 12-07-2017, 06:31 PM   #193
fgdas
Addict

Quote:
I am interested in seeing the differences also brought by Android 6 - were new features added to the user interface?
One of the main Android 6 features was battery optimization. When the device is idle for a period of time it would reduce CPU, network, background services etc.
Question is if this Chinese hardware supports it and if it was implemented.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:15 PM   #194
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
Why would anyone like to watch washed out jerky black and white videos on ereader in 2018?
That's what homo sapiens did 100 years ago!
Help!
First of all, remove 'like': <<Why would anyone watch etc.>>
And the answer is: because of environmental light conditions - other screen techologies do not work in the daylight.
Which is one of the chief reasons for using EPD, so I do not see a reason to be surprised.

EDIT: oh, and I forgot: because some people, a minority, but with a particular presence in this forum, cannot easily or comfortably use traditional screens even when surrounded by walls and a ceiling. Eye problems.

Last edited by mdp; 12-07-2017 at 07:34 PM.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:59 AM   #195
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
Why
And I forgot: lack of the extra dimension given by colour can, after experience, be very impacting when glancing at graphs - such as checking a map while driving; it can be depaupering when browsing through generic images such as rich art; it may give an idea of messiness in generic gaming such as action games.
BUT, you can watch a university lesson or follow a conference with almost no loss.

Last edited by mdp; 12-08-2017 at 02:02 AM.