Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-06-2021, 05:53 AM   #1561
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaroz View Post
I use several tags to represent genres and unfortunately, metadata search doesn't find genres for most of my books (from amazon). It can get very tedious entering in several dozen tags for every book...
Anyways, since a series of books will typically have the same genres throughout, it would be great if tags in certain columns would get appended to all books that share a series with the selected book when the plugin is run.
FWIW you can copy the metadata from one book and paste it into one or more other books via the Edit Metadata->Copy metadata and Paste metadata options.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-10-06 204500.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	189528

The shortcuts you see are custom shortcuts set by me. You'll get an "Are you sure?" popup if you paste into multiple books. You can control which columns DO NOT get pasted with this Tweak

Name:	Screenshot 2021-10-06 204712.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	189529

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 10-06-2021 at 05:56 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 10:24 AM   #1562
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You can also use Bulk Mode Metadata Edit to Add/Remove from all selected books
Look at the options on the Bulk mode screen
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2021, 10:19 PM   #1563
zaroz
zaroz began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
FWIW you can copy the metadata from one book and paste it into one or more other books via the Edit Metadata->Copy metadata and Paste metadata options.

Attachment 189528

The shortcuts you see are custom shortcuts set by me. You'll get an "Are you sure?" popup if you paste into multiple books. You can control which columns DO NOT get pasted with this Tweak

Attachment 189529

BR
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You can also use Bulk Mode Metadata Edit to Add/Remove from all selected books
Look at the options on the Bulk mode screen
Thank you for the suggestions, I am aware of both of these methods. Unfortunately I am looking for something a little more automated than manually doing this for 800+ books...

Let me give a little background of my use case. I am running the content server on my vpn and accessing the opds catalog on my tablet. I wanted another entry that lets me browse by Genres and then find series with genres.

Unfortunately, on the opds calibre server, User subcategories are not treated as nested. So having subcategories for specific genres leads to having each subcategory being a separate entry at the landing page of the opds catalog.
so like, with having subcategories for Action, Adventure, Fantasy, it looks like this on the main page:

(the Searchbar)
>By Newest
>By Title
>By Authors
>By Genres.Action
>By Genres.Adventure
>By Genres.Fantasy

I wish it would only display the Top-Level "parent" categories so all of the ">Genres.X" entries would be combined into a single entry. Then
I could just use the User Categories plugin and add series to subcategories...
zaroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 05:07 AM   #1564
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@zaroz - just so you know

Almost all of the optional plugins you see here were developed by someone who needed the functionality who was willing to support other users, as well as enhance and maintain compatibility with the calibre core.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 08:20 AM   #1565
motherat
Enthusiast
motherat began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke2
Out of curiosity, would a plugin, in theory, be able to tell Calibre to convert from an epub even when an original_epub is also present?
motherat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2021, 12:31 AM   #1566
azuravian
Enthusiast
azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Just wanted to gauge interest in a plugin. I've cobbled together a plugin that parses the comments (description) of a book and adds links for nouns that have a Wikipedia page. It's currently ugly, but works. If there's interest, I'll clean it up and release.

Description before:

Description after:
azuravian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 02:10 AM   #1567
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Is it possible to customize the list of nouns to only use selected ones? If so, that may be useful.

Hopefully the cleaned-up version also doesn't strip formatting so badly.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 08:55 AM   #1568
unkn0wn
Evangelist
unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: kindle
Plugin that takes in a number of links and converts them to epub

It should use reader view of firefox and save html. Transforming a number web links.. Make a ToC with Title and name of web page etc.

I use reader mode if I like an article, save the html page. Load it onto empty epub editor, remove unnecessary code of firefox and create ToC. and make it kfx & use it on my kindle.

I actually use it for magazines that aren't available for fetching on calibre. I pick some links based on title.

Last edited by unkn0wn; 10-14-2021 at 08:58 AM.
unkn0wn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 11:53 AM   #1569
azuravian
Enthusiast
azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Is it possible to customize the list of nouns to only use selected ones? If so, that may be useful.

Hopefully the cleaned-up version also doesn't strip formatting so badly.
So far, I've got the parser to not strip formatting. Working on adding a whitelist function.
Old 10-16-2021, 06:57 PM   #1570
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
I already once asked about this issue, but had not given clarification.
I was wondering if it would be possible to make a complement that from this page (https://www.tematika.com/catalogsear...ohn+Katzenbach) can be obtained the price of the book and that in a column Personal put me the price and in another personal column the date of consultation.
Today I am loading this data manually as seen in the image.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	189671  
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 08:02 PM   #1571
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You might be able to use Import List with a custom template
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 02:34 PM   #1572
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You might be able to use Import List with a custom template
But that would involve doing the same thing I'm doing now, looking for the book on that page and uploading the price and date by hand in a csv and then uploading it to Calibre.
I understand what it raises.
I was thinking of a complement where the user could add the page of interest to him to enhance his library.
Let's see if you follow me ...
The plugin to which the site page could be added to be able to consult. (I understand that it depends on how the site has the information stored, which would be a problem)
And you can collect the value of the book that would be related to your ibsn to place it in a custom column and in another that puts the date of the query.
In this way, suppose that a month you want to revalue your library, the complement is run and it will have the updated price or if it does not find the record of the book, I will leave you the last price and date of the consultation. .
How the goodreads_rating plugin works with grading in numeric format.
Old 10-17-2021, 09:52 PM   #1573
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
But that would involve doing the same thing I'm doing now, looking for the book on that page and uploading the price and date by hand in a csv and then uploading it to Calibre.
I was thinking of a complement where the user could add the page of interest to him to enhance his library.
The plugin to which the site page could be added to be able to consult. (I understand that it depends on how the site has the information stored, which would be a problem)
And you can collect the value of the book that would be related to your ibsn to place it in a custom column and in another that puts the date of the query.
In this way, suppose that a month you want to revalue your library, the complement is run and it will have the updated price or if it does not find the record of the book, I will leave you the last price and date of the consultation. .
The Import List plugin can work on a web page. It will read the page and use the template to get the data from the page. There are plenty of examples in the plugin. Some might not work now because the page has changed. How easy it is to create a template for a new page depends on how the page is structured. Looking at the source for the page, that page looks pretty easy. Each book is within a li tag, and classes used are simple.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 01:43 AM   #1574
azuravian
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
I needed the python practice anyway and after looking at the Import List plugin, it looks like it is different than what you want, even with the Web import functions. I worked on this a bit this evening and have it mostly working. I just need to add the date functions in. Should be able to do that tomorrow, but it's almost 2am and I have work in the morning.
Old 10-19-2021, 06:01 PM   #1575
dunhill
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by azuravian View Post
I needed the python practice anyway and after looking at the Import List plugin, it looks like it is different than what you want, even with the Web import functions. I worked on this a bit this evening and have it mostly working. I just need to add the date functions in. Should be able to do that tomorrow, but it's almost 2am and I have work in the morning.
Thanks Davidfor and Azuravian for your responses.
And Azuravian does not need to be awake, I will wait for his comments if he has already started the work and I thank him for his time.
Since I still lack python handling.

Tags
calibre, chatbot, cover, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, kindle, metadata calibre title, missing, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development, scribe