Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-06-2011, 12:29 PM   #1
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Does Calibre close on its own?

I have Calibre running in the system tray so that it can fetch news at 3am. The last two nights, when I have went to bed, it has been running but when I plug in my reader in the morning it is no longer running. When I start Calibre, the news has been downloaded (although it was missing one this morning so am downloading that now). Yesterday all got downloaded except for one feed that is once per week but it did not think that was a job that needed doing when I started Calibre again so maybe I have that one scheduled incorrectly or something. Any ideas? Is there an option I might have selected to shut down when the news has been downloaded? It just seems weird that most of the news articles were downloaded. I would have thought it someone had exited out of the program without me knowing, that would not have happened. I have 7.33 running so just downloaded the update now to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Jodi
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrmama View Post
I have Calibre running in the system tray so that it can fetch news at 3am. The last two nights, when I have went to bed, it has been running but when I plug in my reader in the morning it is no longer running. When I start Calibre, the news has been downloaded (although it was missing one this morning so am downloading that now). Yesterday all got downloaded except for one feed that is once per week but it did not think that was a job that needed doing when I started Calibre again so maybe I have that one scheduled incorrectly or something. Any ideas? Is there an option I might have selected to shut down when the news has been downloaded? It just seems weird that most of the news articles were downloaded. I would have thought it someone had exited out of the program without me knowing, that would not have happened. I have 7.33 running so just downloaded the update now to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Jodi
Calibre will stay running until you close it.
Could something have caused your system to reboot?
You did not say Windows, Mac or Linux
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #3
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

I am using Windows XP. I do have a batch file set up that if my system reboots, calibre will open in the system tray. I have checked that the batch file works a couple of times so I don't think that would cause a problem. My dh told me now that there was an error message this morning on our computer. I didn't realize he had gone on before me. He said he didn't think it was Calibre though since it was no longer in the system tray but maybe something happened and it closed the program. Perhaps one of the feeds is causing a problem or is too big. Our computer is getting older.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:44 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Have you looked in the event log to see if there's anything there that might indicate a problem?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:48 PM   #5
mcrmama
Addict

I'm not sure how to do that. I did notice that the feed I didn't think downloaded did try to download. When I went to the news tag, it is there but is 0 mb and if I try to open it, I get an error message that no format is available. So, I think that feed must be causing a problem. I have now taken out some of the components so that it is not so big and will see how that goes tonight.
Advert