Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-02-2016, 10:00 AM   #16
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I'm getting "server not found" on her name dot com.

ADDED: Now downloaded from one of the links at the bottom of your post.

THANK YOU!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-02-2016 at 10:02 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 01:44 PM   #17
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I'm getting "server not found" on her name dot com.

ADDED: Now downloaded from one of the links at the bottom of your post.

THANK YOU!
You're referring to the link after "Book Description" in the template part of the post. The program automatically created the link. I didn't really want it, but I just left it be. Then, I failed to check it to see if it actually was right. The link in the introduction part of the post, that I created, was good, as well as the ones at the bottom of the post giving the links to the ebook in different formats. Thanks for letting me know about the issue, I've fixed it.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2016, 09:06 PM   #18
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
You're referring to the link after "Book Description" in the template part of the post. The program automatically created the link. I didn't really want it, but I just left it be. Then, I failed to check it to see if it actually was right. The link in the introduction part of the post, that I created, was good, as well as the ones at the bottom of the post giving the links to the ebook in different formats. Thanks for letting me know about the issue, I've fixed it.

You're welcome. Things are now working.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:48 AM   #19
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Book 1 of The Mission League Series by Jill Williamson--FREE Kindle Mobi.

I am mathematically-challenged, but I can calculate the percentage drop of this one in my head. It's 100%.

Amazon says that this book is suitable for Age Level 12-18/Grade Level 7-12.

The New Recruit: Mission 1: Moscow (The Mission League). By Jill Williamson. Rated 4.6 stars from 66 reviews at the present moment, at Amazon. Print list price $15.99; digital list price $5.99; Kindle price now $0.00. Enclave Publishing, publisher. 422 pages. https://www.amazon.com/New-Recruit-M.../dp/B0097ADIGW.

Book Description
YOU HAVE ACCESSED THE INTERNATIONAL SERVER FOR THE MISSION LEAGUE. THESE FILES CONTAIN CLASSIFIED INFORMATION ON THE ORGANIZATION, AGENTS, CRIMINALS, PROCEDURES, TRAININGS, AND MISSIONS.

GOD HAS CALLED. YOU HAVE ANSWERED.

Mission 1: Moscow

Forced to choose between military school and a Christian spy organization, skeptic Spencer Garmond signs on with the Bible geeks. But before he even boards the plane for Moscow, Spencer realizes this is no Bible club.

These guys mean business.

Stumbling onto a case involving a gang of homeless boys, a chilling tattoo, and the always beautiful Anya Vseveloda, Spencer struggles to find the faith needed to save the Mission League from enemy infiltration.

The New Recruit is the first book in a thrilling new spy adventure series designed for reluctant tween and teen audiences.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:46 AM   #20
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I am mathematically-challenged, but I can calculate the percentage drop of this one in my head. It's 100%.

Amazon says that this book is suitable for Age Level 12-18/Grade Level 7-12.

The New Recruit: Mission 1: Moscow (The Mission League). By Jill Williamson. Rated 4.6 stars from 66 reviews at the present moment, at Amazon. Print list price $15.99; digital list price $5.99; Kindle price now $0.00. Enclave Publishing, publisher. 422 pages. https://www.amazon.com/New-Recruit-M.../dp/B0097ADIGW.

Book Description
YOU HAVE ACCESSED THE INTERNATIONAL SERVER FOR THE MISSION LEAGUE. THESE FILES CONTAIN CLASSIFIED INFORMATION ON THE ORGANIZATION, AGENTS, CRIMINALS, PROCEDURES, TRAININGS, AND MISSIONS.

GOD HAS CALLED. YOU HAVE ANSWERED.

Mission 1: Moscow

Forced to choose between military school and a Christian spy organization, skeptic Spencer Garmond signs on with the Bible geeks. But before he even boards the plane for Moscow, Spencer realizes this is no Bible club.

These guys mean business.

Stumbling onto a case involving a gang of homeless boys, a chilling tattoo, and the always beautiful Anya Vseveloda, Spencer struggles to find the faith needed to save the Mission League from enemy infiltration.

The New Recruit is the first book in a thrilling new spy adventure series designed for reluctant tween and teen audiences.

"YOU HAVE ACCESSED THE INTERNATIONAL SERVER FOR THE MISSION LEAGUE. THESE FILES CONTAIN CLASSIFIED INFORMATION ON THE ORGANIZATION, AGENTS, CRIMINALS, PROCEDURES, TRAININGS, AND MISSIONS."

Those files contain classified information. I wanted to read this book, but now I'm too worried.

What would you do?

Signed: Worried.

Advert
Old 06-04-2016, 12:04 AM   #21
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
"YOU HAVE ACCESSED THE INTERNATIONAL SERVER FOR THE MISSION LEAGUE. THESE FILES CONTAIN CLASSIFIED INFORMATION ON THE ORGANIZATION, AGENTS, CRIMINALS, PROCEDURES, TRAININGS, AND MISSIONS."

Those files contain classified information. I wanted to read this book, but now I'm too worried.

What would you do?

Signed: Worried.

Just pretend that you work for the NSA. Before long, you won't have any trouble reading anyone's secrets.
Old 06-04-2016, 12:15 AM   #22
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Runaway--Very Highly Rated Book 1 of a 4-Book Series about Animal Rescue. FREE!

Parents need to provide kids lots of good stuff to read in the summers. They don't have the tell their kids that it was free. ha

This book is from the same author as the bestselling Winnie the Horse Gentler series.

Amazon states that this book is appropriate for Age Level 8-12/Grade Level 3-7.

This book is published by a division of a religious publisher (Tyndale). Therefore, there may be religious references, allusions, overtones, and what nots in the book.

Runaway (Starlight Animal Rescue Book 1). By Dandi Daley MacKall. Rated 4.7 stars, from 179 reviews at Amazon at the present moment. Print list price $5.99; digital list price $5.99; Kindle price now $0.00. Tyndale Kids, publisher. 217 pages. https://www.amazon.com/Runaway-Starl.../dp/B008RYFBDM.

Book Description
A new series by Dandi Daley Mackall, author of the best-selling Winnie the Horse Gentler series!

I've run away seven times—never once to anything, just away from. Maybe that's why they call me a “runaway,” and not a “run-to.”

Meet 16-year-old Dakota Brown. She used to love all things “horse” until she lost everything, including hope. The minute she sets foot on her foster parents' farm—Starlight Animal Rescue—she plans her escape. But can an “impossible” horse named Blackfire and this quirky collection of animal lovers be the home she's always dreamed of?

Starlight Animal Rescue: Where problem horses are trained and loved, where abandoned dogs become heroes, where stray cats become loyal companions. And where people with nowhere to fit in find a place to belong.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 06-04-2016 at 12:19 AM.
Old 06-04-2016, 08:26 AM   #23
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Just pretend that you work for the NSA. Before long, you won't have any trouble reading anyone's secrets.
Old 06-05-2016, 06:27 PM   #24
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

I've just posted a Whispersync deal, on the Audiobook thread, on the YA (age 14+) Dark Fantasy title The Last Dragon Slayer (Deathsworn Arc Book 1). Some of you might be interested in just the ebook, which right now is marked down to $0.00.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:52 PM   #25
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
I've just posted a Whispersync deal, on the Audiobook thread, on the YA (age 14+) Dark Fantasy title The Last Dragon Slayer (Deathsworn Arc Book 1). Some of you might be interested in just the ebook, which right now is marked down to $0.00.
Thanks. FYI, it's ok - actually, preferable to a "redirect" message (like this one) - for cross-posts to include identical links and content.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:25 PM   #26
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
Thanks. FYI, it's ok - actually, preferable to a "redirect" message (like this one) - for cross-posts to include identical links and content.
Thanks. I knew that it was okay--at least, I knew that people had done it before and not gotten in any trouble (that I knew of). ha Truth to tell, I don't know why I didn't just go ahead and do that.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:51 PM   #27
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

FREE Booklet on Frederick Douglass, from the Reginald F. Lewis Museum in Baltimore.

Frederick Douglass, as you may know, was a famous African-American, who lived more-or-less contemporaneously with Abraham Lincoln. He was born in Maryland, and was a slave in Maryland, from which he escaped before making his way to the state of New York. He is probably best known for promoting abolition, by his skilled writing and oratory.

The Reginald F. Lewis Museum or Maryland African American History and Culture in Baltimore offers the following free "family resource" on Douglass. The bulk of the resource is a biography of Douglass. There are numerous sidebars, too, with various factoids about him. There are activities for children, to aid in their learning about this great man. The booklet is full of the color and illustrations that are all-important in engaging children and keeping their interest.

The book states that the resource is suitable for grades 4-8.

Title: Frederick Douglass: A Reginald F. Lewis Museum Family Guide.
Format(s): PDF.
Author(s): Sophie Sheridan.
Publisher: The Reginald F. Lewis Museum.
Pages: 19.
Ebook Rating/Number of Reviews (Amazon): N/A.
Price: $0.00.
Lowest Price at (or through Amazon) if available from there: N/A.
Book Description (from the booklet):
Take a journey through Frederick Douglass' life.
Comments: I believe this to be a legal free download because it is offered as a download on this webpage of the Reginald F. Lewis Museum, without any price information and without any caveats.
URL: http://lewismuseum.org/sites/all/the...ss%20Guide.pdf (direct link).

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 06-07-2016 at 07:57 PM.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:29 PM   #28
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
The Light Princess (illustrated by Maurice Sendak) - 19 cents
https://www.amazon.com/Light-Princes.../dp/B00ZK4OFLG
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 01:14 PM   #29
orangekiwi
Addict
orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: paperwhite
Cross posted from FREE/BARGAIN - Science Fiction, Fantasy - 2016

Court of Fives by Kate Elliott (Court of Fives Book 1) is currently $2.99 in the US.
It's her first YA novel

https://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/ebook/court-of-fives

Jessamy's life is a balance between acting like an upper-class Patron and dreaming of the freedom of the Commoners. But away from her family she can be whoever she wants when she sneaks out to train for The Fives, an intricate, multilevel athletic competition that offers a chance for glory to the kingdom's best contenders. Then Jes meets Kalliarkos, and an unlikely friendship between two Fives competitors--one of mixed race and the other a Patron boy--causes heads to turn. When Kal's powerful, scheming uncle tears Jes's family apart, she'll have to test her new friend's loyalty and risk the vengeance of a royal clan to save her mother and sisters from certain death.

A second YA fantasy novel also discounted is Circle of Magic #01: Sandry's Book
by Tamora Pierce which is $1.99 in the US

https://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/eb...-sandry-s-book

Four elements of power, four mages-in-training learning to control them. In Book 1 of the Circle of Magic Quartet, gifted young weaver Sandry is brought to the Winding Circle community. There she meets Briar, a former thief with a way with plants; Daja, an outcase gifted at metalcraft; and Tris, whose connection with the weather unsettles everyone, including herself. The four misfits are taught how to use their magic, but when disaster strikes, it's up to Sandry to weave together four different kinds of power to save herself, her friends, and Winding Circle.
orangekiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:52 PM   #30
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

FREE Summer Olympics Related Activity Book. High Quality.

A homeschool company called Knowledge Quest is offering a free PDF of a child's activity book, related to the 2016 Summer Olympics which is opening in Rio in just a few days.

My Country Book will help your children record their favorite Olympic moments while reinforcing their geography knowledge and providing an interesting keepsake notebook to enjoy when it is finished.

I downloaded the book just to see how it looked. I don't know why I'm saying this (I guess that I have low expectations for homeschool material), but I was actually impressed! It looks fun and very educational.

Here is the direct download link. There are no copyright issues; in fact, the email that I received about it states, We welcome you to share this fun freebie with your friends. They will get instant download access when you send them to this link . . . . Feel free to share on Facebook or Twitter or wherever you prefer to spend time online.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 08-01-2016 at 11:54 PM.