Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-05-2019, 04:04 AM   #31
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskie_it View Post
Or... were you implying that it might have broken my db???
This, I'm guessing.

Where is the database even stored? I don't think I saw anything that might be it on userstore (and I've checked the hidden folders).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 05:54 AM   #32
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
This, I'm guessing.

Where is the database even stored? I don't think I saw anything that might be it on userstore (and I've checked the hidden folders).
Since you have been so helpful, catching my mistakes when I make them in public;

There are two end-user data storage areas.
One you can see over the USB cable connection and one that you can not see over USB cable connection.

Looking at the file system structure from the "inside" of the Kindle ...
/mnt/us/* <- that is the one you can see over the USB cable.
/var/local/* <- that is the one you can NOT see over the USB cable.

The second one is where the user specific database file live, along with a lot of other interesting things.

And yes, it also gets cleared/reset when you "Reset" the Kindle.

The content collections database is:
cc.db
as named by one of the more creative Lab126 persons.

The name of the interactive SQL application pre-installed by Amazon (available from the Kindle's command line) is:
sqlite3
How to use it (google can probably find you hundreds more) is here:
https://www.sqlite.org/docs.html
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:44 AM   #33
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
This, I'm guessing.

Okay then: no, never even downloaded the installation files on my pc, let alone the Kindle!
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 10:44 AM   #34
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskie_it View Post
Okay then: no, never even downloaded the installation files on my pc, let alone the Kindle!
Which does not include /var/local (it is on a different partition).
The Amazon system update images do not include end-user data.
It can't, the end-user data does not belong to them, it belongs to the end-user.
Old 01-05-2019, 06:29 PM   #35
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Which does not include /var/local (it is on a different partition).
The Amazon system update images do not include end-user data.
It can't, the end-user data does not belong to them, it belongs to the end-user.
I am not sure I understand what you are conveying with this message.. Anyway, what I meant - excuse my poor english - was simply that I never made use of that booklet, I didn't even know anything about it (nor I never launched koreader on this PW4: I simply installed it because I had it on my PW3), so... it can't be that the "thing" that messed up my database.

Now, everything is fine and as it was, I could very well close the thread. Yet, I am very curious to know what might have happened! Too bad I don't have any log to share of that period!
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:00 PM   #36
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
There are two end-user data storage areas.
One you can see over the USB cable connection and one that you can not see over USB cable connection.

Looking at the file system structure from the "inside" of the Kindle ...
/mnt/us/* <- that is the one you can see over the USB cable.
/var/local/* <- that is the one you can NOT see over the USB cable.

The second one is where the user specific database file live, along with a lot of other interesting things.

The content collections database is:
cc.db
as named by one of the more creative Lab126 persons.
Thanks for the info!
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:16 PM   #37
knc1
Going Viral

Thanks.
I do better at describing things than I do at solving problems.