Notices

Old 05-16-2021, 05:27 AM   #1
Lauraq
Zealot
Lauraq began at the beginning.

Device: not one
author information from wikipedia?

Hi

I often find myself wondering who an author is or other info about him. This is why I wanted to ask you if there is a way to import information about an author from Wikipedia. I'd like a plugin that imports the author's photo as a cover. In the description the list of works or at least the text on his page. Is there a plugin that I select the books I want and he creates an epub for each author present?

Thanks
Lauraq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 08:57 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If you had looked in the index you might have spotted Wiki Reader, see Index of plugins

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2021, 01:41 AM   #3
Lauraq
Zealot

yes, but I have to enter the names of those to look for, it becomes an absurd job. I'm looking for a way to automate the process for hundreds of artists. And, as I wrote in the first post, it would be nice to have the author's photo too
Old 05-17-2021, 05:51 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauraq View Post
yes, but I have to enter the names of those to look for, it becomes an absurd job. I'm looking for a way to automate the process for hundreds of artists. And, as I wrote in the first post, it would be nice to have the author's photo too
Try this

Set Preferences->Look and Feel->Clicking on author names should: to Search for the author on Wikipedia

Click an Author name in Book Details

Assuming the author has a Wikipedia page, copy the url to clipboard, some browsers have a tool to do that, then paste clipboard into the Wiki Reader plugin. I don't know what Wiki Reader does regarding any images.

You may be able to automate with the Actions Chains plugin.

Any questions etc about a specific plugin should be posted to that plugin's thread.

I'm going to move this thread to the Library Management subforum.

BR
Old 05-17-2021, 09:17 AM   #5
Lauraq
Zealot

I got here:

Try this

Set Preferences->Look and Feel->Clicking on author names should: to Search for the author on Wikipedia

Click an Author name in Book Details

then I didn't understand what to do anymore. I also downloaded the Plugin but it is too complicated for me. Is there a tutorial with photos or videos? It would be very useful for me but I think many other people too. Thanks
Advert
Old 05-17-2021, 05:22 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauraq View Post

then I didn't understand what to do anymore. I also downloaded the Plugin but it is too complicated for me. Is there a tutorial with photos or videos? It would be very useful for me but I think many other people too. Thanks
As I wrote previously,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Any questions etc about a specific plugin should be posted to that plugin's thread.
I'm confident you'll get a response from Krittika or Kovid if you do that, I don't use the plugin.

Added: ah-ah, I see there's no screen shots for that plugin, that's unusual.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 05-17-2021 at 05:26 PM.