Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-28-2016, 05:43 PM   #91
Vortex
Groupie
Vortex began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
That works OK except for it also finds books with the series name in the title not in brackets, but where something else in the title is in brackets, like:

Author: Joe Bloggs
Title: The Series Name: The Book Title (Book4)
Series: The Series Name

Anyway, I can work with that.
Thanks.
Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:58 PM   #92
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Version 1.0.63 - New for Final Filters: Added a new operator, "REGEX"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
That works OK except for it also finds books with the series name in the title not in brackets, but where something else in the title is in brackets, like:

Author: Joe Bloggs
Title: The Series Name: The Book Title (Book4)
Series: The Series Name

Anyway, I can work with that.
Thanks.
@Vortex:

I just uploaded a new version of MCS:

Version 1.0.63 - 02 June 2016 Final Filters: Added a new operator, "REGEX"

This new Final Filters operator should allow you to narrow down your Special Queries search results. The more Filters you specify, the more refined will be your search.

See the attached image.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mcs_regex_operator_in_final_filters.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	149129  
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2016, 06:17 AM   #93
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Can I use this plugin to search for duplicates from library 1 in liibrary 2?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:21 AM   #94
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I assume that you cannot use the Find Duplicates plugin to do what you want, so I infer that you want to find books in a cross-library intra-book search. So, yes, you could, but only by specifying the search criteria that would match books in the current library if you were to execute that identical search from the other library. MCS has no specific "find duplicates" functionality, however, since there was already a Find Duplicates plugin when it was created.

DaltonST
Old 07-24-2016, 09:24 AM   #95
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

The reason I'm looking at your plugin is that I need to use a custom authors column to search for duplicates as well as titles.

Do you have the ability to either add the duplicate search to this plugin or add custom columns to the duplicate plugin?
Advert
Old 07-24-2016, 09:49 AM   #96
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
The reason I'm looking at your plugin is that I need to use a custom authors column to search for duplicates as well as titles.

Do you have the ability to either add the duplicate search to this plugin or add custom columns to the duplicate plugin?
Find Duplicates is not my plug-in. So, no.

As for MCS, I have the ability to do whatever I want. Whether I want to add it is something else. However, it sounds like a good idea to me. I will put it on my to-do list. I have 10 plug-ins, including a new one, ZMI, that has some outstanding to-do's.

DaltonST
Old 07-24-2016, 09:51 AM   #97
Tanjamuse
Wizard

That would be so fantastic. I know of others who would like the opportunity to choose custom columns in the "Find Duplicates"-plugin.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:24 PM   #98
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
That would be so fantastic. I know of others who would like the opportunity to choose custom columns in the "Find Duplicates"-plugin.
@Tanjamuse:

Attached is a .zip copy of MCS with the new Cross-Library Search for Duplicates Using Custom Columns (and/or Standard Columns).

Could you please test this before I release it officially?

There is a new checkbox in the middle, "CL Duplicates?". CL = Cross Library.

Note that you can compare only 2 different Custom Columns simultaneously, so the top and the bottom Custom Columns on the left must be identical, as do the ones on the right.

You can compare 1 Standard Column and 1 Custom Column simultaneously too.

Also, 2 Standard Columns.

Note that you see not only what is a duplicate in the current library, but also what is a duplicate in the other library. Be sure not to miss the independent window showing Cross-Library Search Results, be they from CL Duplicate Searches or the previously available CL Intra-Book Searches.

That CL Search Results pop-up window can be missed if you happen to click another window just as it is being shown. It will remain active, but you might not notice it until later.

I have a lot of automatic edits in place that watch what you do while setting the Search Criteria, and either fix it for you or give an error message, analogous to what the action of checking the Inter-Book Search box does.

Let me know how it goes.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 07-27-2016 at 05:15 AM.
Old 07-27-2016, 04:45 AM   #99
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Maybe it's me who doesn't understand how it's supposed to work.

But I've attached a screenshot of the settings that I thought would work, but it doesn't find anything, although I know that there should be 3 duplicates.

I've tried with my custom column named "Authors" and the standard titles from Calibre.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Skærmbillede 2016-07-27 10.42.20.png
Views:	269
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	150502  
Old 07-27-2016, 05:37 AM   #100
DaltonST
Deviser

Did you get the gui log results window at all? If not, did you select the other library's metadata.db after clicking the execute button? Is there a network drive involved?

Do a normal CL Intra-Book Search to ensure that works for you. If it does not, then try it on another library that is on the same pc local drive.

Regardless, I will post a revised beta version in the same place as before later today after I do more testing and tweaking. Thanks.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:51 AM   #101
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I get the log window, but it doesn't show anything.

If I "turn it around" and then use Library B as basis and search for duplicates in library A it does find them.

also with custom columns.

I'll try and test some more.

Also:

Everytime I choose "CL Duplicate" I can't choose the "contains" option it's always = option.

Last edited by Tanjamuse; 07-27-2016 at 05:54 AM.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:04 AM   #102
DaltonST
Deviser

Only = for CL Duplicates just like for Inter-Book Searches. Contains is used with Intra-Book Searches, whether CL or same library.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:05 AM   #103
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I guess that means that the column has to be an exact match across different libraries?
Old 07-27-2016, 06:13 AM   #104
DaltonST
Deviser

Yes. Duplicates. Otherwise, the CL search is just a normal CL search instead of a CL Duplicates search.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:15 AM   #105
Tanjamuse
Wizard

With that in mind I'll do some more testing ...

Thank you for the very quick work and replies.

Tags
columns, search