Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 03-19-2019, 02:21 PM   #1
tdm900twin
tdm900twin began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook mars
Likebook mars problem

Today i received my new Likebook mars. Installed all updates (including today update 19/3/19) and find that device does not work properly. First, i cant make any new account (i push +new accountbut nothing happens). Second, nitification bar wont stay opened. Every time i expand it, it closes instantly. Gave it a reset but nothing changed. Any help?
tdm900twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:05 PM   #2
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
What account are you trying to add? A google account or something else?
Malcolm
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2019, 11:22 AM   #3
tdm900twin

I cant add any account. When i push +add account nothing happens.
Old 03-20-2019, 11:34 AM   #4
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is this durring first setup or after you have the normal home screen and your in settings? The device has settings for boyue stuff and normal Android settings as well. Can you take a picture of the area you are trying to use?
Old 03-20-2019, 12:48 PM   #5
tdm900twin

In the area of normal android settings. When i go to Accounts- +add account nothing happens.
Advert
Old 03-20-2019, 12:50 PM   #6
tdm900twin

And the notification bar wont stay opened. It closes instantly so i cant change font size, contrast, light.
Old 03-20-2019, 04:13 PM   #7
rvcjew
Addict

Does it close if you open it by touching just right of the recent apps button. Does the screen work with touches in all the other places, it sounds like a bad digitizer? Also was the reset a factory reset or a reboot of the device?

Last edited by rvcjew; 03-20-2019 at 04:17 PM.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:07 PM   #8
tdm900twin

It closes every time i expand it. All other touches work except +add account. I made a factory reset.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:44 PM   #9
rvcjew
Addict

Sounds like a bugged rom or something. Can you enable developer options then enable show touches and see what it shows after you touch the top bar? See if it phantom touches some thing else right after. Since we don't have a source file of the rom image or a known way to get into the bootloader to use rk tool it's hard to repair the roms currently like it was on the T80S.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:55 PM   #10
i8890321
i8890321 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdm900twin View Post
In the area of normal android settings. When i go to Accounts- +add account nothing happens.
I suggest u enable the google play store and try to see dies it help
i8890321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 04:39 PM   #11
vladimir
vladimir began at the beginning.

Device: palm zire, Kindles, Yotaphone 2, Likebook Mars
Hello there, I also have a problem, I hope you could help me: I find the Google Go app fantastic for its tts functionality, especially after the latest update adding the button for reading aloud pragraphs. I have it installed on my Yotaphone 2 and on all my Android devices, but only on the Likebook it doesn't start reading out webpages. I have also installed Voice Aloud Reader and other tts apps, all working fine. Any helpful idea would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Last edited by vladimir; 03-25-2019 at 04:52 PM. Reason: corrections
vladimir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:02 PM   #12
rvcjew
Addict

That app is for India ect. (where you're at I assume) So I can't get it to install on any of my stuff without spoofing things, but does your other devices have things like google talkback on them too by chance, or even the google text to speak app it self in conjunction with Go?
Malcolm
Old 03-26-2019, 01:59 PM   #13
vladimir

Hello rvcjew. "Could not load audio" -- that's the error message I get after I hear the brief Google Go welcome melody. My Likebook Mars, as well as all my other Android devices, is armed with Google TTS and the Android Accessibility Suite. In your opinion is there anything else I could do to fix the issue, besides paying a visit to the great India?
Thank you so much for your prompt reply.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:54 PM   #14
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladimir View Post
Hello rvcjew. "Could not load audio" -- that's the error message I get after I hear the brief Google Go welcome melody. My Likebook Mars, as well as all my other Android devices, is armed with Google TTS and the Android Accessibility Suite. In your opinion is there anything else I could do to fix the issue, besides paying a visit to the great India?
Thank you so much for your prompt reply.
Wait are you using headphones? The Mars has no speaker on it just a headphone out. I imagine you are if you're hearing a welcome jingle. Perhaps the TTs it uses is in a format the device cannot play, what OS version # is your other devices? If you look in a file manager on the device and in sdcard (internal storage) and Android/Data then look for the app name in there is there any audio files at all?

Malcolm
Old 03-28-2019, 04:23 AM   #15
vladimir

Thanks for your quick replay, Malcolm. No audio files found. There are 5-6 com.google.android... files, not shure wich one is the Google Go app's one.
Well but the other tts apps on the device are working fine? Actually Google Go is the only app that's not doing TTS.
My Likebook-TD80D BYRead-V1.0.7 is running Android 6.0.1. My phone is on Android 9 and my Yotaphone is also Android 6 (I guess, I don't have it with me right now). I use headphones.

Last edited by vladimir; 03-28-2019 at 04:27 AM.