Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-30-2013, 04:12 PM   #1
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Converting a Japanese Word doc to Mobi help, please

Hi! I am having some issues with this. I have a word document of a Japanese book. Concerting to Mobi itself is not the problem. The issue is with the orientation. The book is in vertical format with the first page beginning at the back of the book (as opposed to the front as in English books) and the pages are then flipped from left to right (or the left clicker). I need the book to be reversed in the mobi format. And then set to start at the end.

I know this is possible as other Japanese books do this. For example:

http://www.amazon.com/temaneki-taoru...ese+Edition%29

I would love some help wit this, feeling a bit stuck at the moment.
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #2
akiyoshi
akiyoshi began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi ImogenRose
As your said your original file is in doc format, why don't you edit the text in microsoft word first then convert later. If you're using word 2010, go to Page Layout>Text Direction to change the japanese design to a left to right document, and process it in calibre.

Last edited by akiyoshi; 06-12-2013 at 01:25 PM.
akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert