Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-21-2010, 11:07 AM   #1
rhk001
rhk001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindel
Problem With Margins Coverting Epub To Mobi

Hi Guys,

I am pretty new to the conversion software (Calibre).

I have some books in Epub format that I want to transfer to my Kindel, I am doing this by covertng the EPUB file to a Mobi File, and then renaming the extension of .AZW, this all works fine and the software is great.

I do have a problem though with the left margin when they turn up in the kindel the text appears to have a tab or something on it, that is forcing the main body of the text out by a couple of centimeters. (I have included a picture)

I converted the same file to PDF & sent to amazon to convert to an AZW and whatever they have done gets the text to be in the correct position.

Does any one have any ideas on how I can get this sorted in Caliber, I have tried most of the settings, removing the cover picture, removing TOC etc etc nothing seems to fix it.

Thanks
Rob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0018.JPG
Views:	265
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	61583  
rhk001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Not an answer to your question, but why are you renaming the .mobi files. The Kindle is quite happy with .mobi as an ebook type.
itimpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2010, 08:17 PM   #3
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
This is an inherent problem with the kindle's handling of margins. Is your output profile set to Kindle? If so Calibre will handle the conversion a bit differently to address the problem, but some epub files have really large margins, so it will still look about like your screenshot.

To completely get rid of the margins you need to edit the epub in Sigil and get rid of the margins in the css. There are several other threads discussing this in more detail if you need more help. Try this one to start:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...de+left+margin
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote