Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-29-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
mom2three
mom2three began at the beginning.

Device: sony digital edition
How to move public library book from ADE to Sony Library?

Hi! I'm new to my Sony, and I love it, but there seem to be some kinks for mac users. I checked out a couple of books from the public library and they are in ADE. It doesn't recognize my reader, so I have to transfer the titles to Sony Library to push them onto my reader. I can't figure out how to do it on my mac. It looks like I've got the titles listed under downloads as .acsm files (whatever that is), and also in ADE. Any detailed instructions would be really appreciated!
mom2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:03 PM   #2
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I think the problem you're having is that you're choosing to SAVE the file when you download it. You should be choosing OPEN instead.

Intuitive, isn't it?
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2010, 11:38 PM   #3
mom2three
mom2three began at the beginning.

Device: sony digital edition
Oh, thank you! That worked! I don 't know why I find this so complicated, but I'm struggling. Finally took my computer in to the apple store and it turned out I had something corrupt in my sony library. I keep reading about Calibre as an alternative, but haven't figured it out yet, either.
mom2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:26 AM   #4
tponzo
Addict
tponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 900(gave it to my sister); Sony PRS-T1; onyx book note air
Hi mom2three,
I'm pretty new to e-readers also. Just bought my PRS-900 about a month ago. I found calibre and am muddling through how it works but love what I've been able to do so far. It's an easy download and seems like it does more than Sony Reader software. The people here at mobileread are very helpful with info and directions. I say try calibre and see how you like it.
tponzo is offline   Reply With Quote