Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 04:29 PM   #61
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
All I'm saying is -- even the ones that aren't intending to be.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:30 PM   #62
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogene View Post
The private conversation between ShortNCuddlyAm and zelda_pinwheel (who a few days ago so wanted to be my friend) is pathetic too.
Dear Diogene

Please stop these personal attacks. Zelda is a very warm and friendly person who wants everybody to feel at home in this forum. If you find any conversation between Am and Zelda pathetic, refrain from reading it. It IS simple as that!

Obviously you prefer the opposite attitude to Zelda, trying to make as many enemies for yourself as possible and you're quite successful! We do not care a lot about personal attacks here, so please try to stay on your subject and be a little bit more specific and spare us your polemics..

By the way, did you contact the people at mybebook already and what was their reaction? You didn't answer to that question I think.

Sorry to everybody else but I had to get this off my chest.
Advert
Old 12-09-2008, 04:31 PM   #63
Diogene
Banned
Diogene doesn't litterDiogene doesn't litter

Device: BeBook
My apologies to anyone I may have offended.

NatCh, do you or anyone else have a way of checking if SilverBullit and BeBookSupport have close IP addresses, or at least if SilverBullit is in Holland, like the Stylz/BeBook company? I would so enjoy helping uncover covert PR on internet!
Any objection SilverBullit?

Last edited by Diogene; 12-09-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:40 PM   #64
Diogene
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapaka View Post
indeed

Whatever your high and mighty IQ is, there are hundreds or thousands as high or higher. And anyway it is an accident of birthing that gives most of it, so it is not something to be really proud of, isn't it?

And if you check my device you'll notice that I own the Spanish one, so no, I don't work for BeBook. Matter of fact I use the spanish firmware (v1.27) but tried BeBook's and Jinke's as well to see if I liked them better (I don't).

I joined just to reply to your statement, I found it really hilarious still do
Are you sure you are not Dutch?
It is funny because in google a search with the two words BeBook and Kapaka gives only one result besides your presence here: a file in dutch!
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...earch&aq=f&oq=
And not any file: a file from Project Gutenberg! A direct link to e-books! Any mathematician to tell us about the odds of that happening?

And you can write whatever you want in your profile, that does not prove a thing. I would so love a moderator to tell us about your IP address...

Last edited by Diogene; 12-09-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:42 PM   #65
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you. I'll assume that your sincere on that.

Quote:
NatCh, do you or anyone else have a way of checking if SilverBullit and BeBookSupport have close IPs, or at least if SilverBullit is in Holland, like the Stylz/BeBook company?
I really don't think you, or anyone else really wants us to start doing that sort of digging on them. If we were going to descend to that sort of draconian action, we'd just ban folks when they get frisky without bothering to talk to them first.

Quote:
I would so enjoy helping uncover covert PR on internet!
You'll be awfully busy at that little hobby.
Advert
Old 12-09-2008, 04:45 PM   #66
Diogene
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Dear Diogene

Please stop these personal attacks. Zelda is a very warm and friendly person who wants everybody to feel at home in this forum. If you find any conversation between Am and Zelda pathetic, refrain from reading it. It IS simple as that!

Obviously you prefer the opposite attitude to Zelda, trying to make as many enemies for yourself as possible and you're quite successful! We do not care a lot about personal attacks here, so please try to stay on your subject and be a little bit more specific and spare us your polemics..

By the way, did you contact the people at mybebook already and what was their reaction? You didn't answer to that question I think.

Sorry to everybody else but I had to get this off my chest.
The fact is she came to this thread to attack me and nothing else, as her private messages with zelda_pinwheel clearly show. And her attack and retreat were pathetic, don't you think? Maybe you have a better word to define them. I do not speak english perfectly. It is only the third language I learned.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:45 PM   #67
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Are you sure you are not Dutch?
It is funny because in google a search with the two words BeBook and Kapaka gives only one result besides your presence here: a file in dutch!
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...earch&aq=f&oq=

And you can write whatever you want in your profile, that does not prove a thing. I would so love a moderator to tell us about your IP address...
See, this sort of makes me doubt the sincerity of your earlier apology.

Please stop this sort of attack.

If you wish to continue a genuine discussion of the matter, please do, but keep it respectful.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #68
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The word is "kapke", not kapaka and it's in a PG text stemming from the early 20th century! Btw, it does mean a glass (of beer) in this context.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:49 PM   #69
kapaka
kapaka began at the beginning.

Device: BQ
Positive I am not Dutch. Asked my mom

Sorry for starting a uproar,

...but I still find it hilarious
Old 12-09-2008, 04:49 PM   #70
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
The fact is she came to this thread to attack me and nothing else, as her private messages with zelda_pinwheel clearly show. And her attack and retreat were pathetic, don't you think? Maybe you have a better word to define them. I do not speak english perfectly. It is only the third language I learned.
English is my fourth language. What does that have to do with anything? Nuff said. I won't feed the trolls anymore!
Old 12-09-2008, 04:56 PM   #71
kapaka

mtravellerh
you speak luxembourghish? That sounds exotic, do german speaking people understands it more or less? never met anybody speaking it before.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:00 PM   #72
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapaka View Post
mtravellerh
you speak luxembourghish? That sounds exotic, do german speaking people understands it more or less? never met anybody speaking it before.
Depends on where they live (the Germans, I mean). If they live near the border, they do understand a little bit, btw all real Luxembourgers speak German pretty well. It's actually a spoken and written language all of its own, spoken by only about 200.-250.000 people. It's pretty much a mixture between french and german with a few dutch words thrown in for good measure.

Last edited by mtravellerh; 12-09-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:01 PM   #73
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Okay, folks, I think it's time for everyone to take a deep breath, and a step back for some perspective.

I can't really pick a place to start, so I'll just run a list:

Name calling and other personal attacks are not something that we tolerate here at MobileRead.

Disagreeing opinions and discussion of them is great, they often result in good solutions to problems, but keep things on a respectful level. If you're truly so incensed that you can't discuss a matter calmly and respectfully, please take a time-out from it until you can.

This whole community works very hard together to keep a respectful, open tone in the discussions, but it's something that requires everyone to pitch in in order for it to work. This community is pretty unusual on the web, in that it is not a snake pit of flame and counter-flame. The fact that it is a community is remarkable all by itself.

"Popcorn posters": You. Are. Not. Being. Helpful.

Diogene: I recognize that you have a reason to be aggravated, however, none of the folks here are responsible for that reason. Please try to bear that in mind, and treat others respectfully, just as I'm asking others to do for you.
Hey! Quit bitchin' at the popcorn posters!

We're munching that popcorn and poking the (dead?) horseys as fast as we can!

Derek
Old 12-09-2008, 05:07 PM   #74
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:

NatCh, do you or anyone else have a way of checking if SilverBullit and BeBookSupport have close IP addresses, or at least if SilverBullit is in Holland, like the Stylz/BeBook company? I would so enjoy helping uncover covert PR on internet!
Any objection SilverBullit?
Yeah. RIIIIIiiigggghhhttt...

Listen, Diogene. There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with doing PR on the 'net. And if NAEB were still up and running, I'd be PRing, covert or otherwise, as much as I could.

You had a problem with the latest upgrade. You felt a bit put out. Having had four of my last five Cybook Gen3s fail during the Bookeen upgrade(s) - one to the point where it had to be sent back for replacement - I can understand how frustrating that can be. However, as with any complex electronic device, upgrading firmware can be a 'risky' business. I've had a PDA and two dSLR cameras get thrashed during 'routine' firmware upgrades. I learned after the first time that occurred to back *EVERYTHING* up before doing the upgrade. So have others. It's called being 'proactive'. Learn it.

Further, as has been pointed out earlier, BeBook attempted to let you know to contact them directly. Have you done so? You might want to do that before venting your (admittedly - by you - very intelligent) spleen all over MobileRead.

Derek
Old 12-09-2008, 05:12 PM   #75
kapaka

Was just checking luxembourgish on the wikipedia. It's cool a little country with it's own language, and so nice to learn three languages as a kid and not having to go to the trouble of learning it at school from scratch.
By, see you around
Closed Thread