Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-19-2008, 08:09 AM   #1
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
the official "see a device in a café near you" hookup thread

want to buy a device, but not sure which one ? wish you could try one out first ? insanely curious to see a real live e-ink screen up close ?? leave a message here saying where you live and what device you'd like to see. maybe there is an MR reader living near you who would be willing to meet up and show you theirs ! (offer to buy them a drink. works every time. )

have a device already ? think it's the most amazing invention since the codex ? want to spread the good word about e-ink ? want to make friends and influence people ? () leave a message telling us what reader you have, and what city you can show it off in.

PUT THE NAME OF THE CITY AND THE MODEL IN THE TITLE OF YOUR POST !

want a reader ? see a reader ! have a reader ? show it off ! compare and discuss, live and direct !!

also, PLEASE ADD YOURSELF TO THE MOBILEREAD FRAPPR MAP !! you can mention which device you have (if any) in the comment.

thanks to Guillaume from Bookeen and the "see a Kindle in your city" program for the idea.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 08:25 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
PRS-505 in Boston, MA

I can show off my 505 in the Boston area no problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2008, 10:32 AM   #3
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Cybook Gen 3 (and leather case - ooh, pretty!) available for viewing in West London (Hammersmith/Shepherd's Bush/Chiswick area). PM me if interested.
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:49 AM   #4
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Be careful. Someone might be luring you to a trap, and steal your device.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 02:55 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Sony 505 & iPhone. Northern Virginia i.e., inside the Beltway
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2008, 02:55 PM   #6
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Cardiff, Newport, SE Wales. PRS500 and Asus EEE 4G

If there's anyone in the Newport/Cardiff area who wants to see a Sony PRS500 (or an EEE) then I can show mine. (PM me.)
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 05:08 PM   #7
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
DFW Area: Kindle and (soon) PRS 505

I live north of Denton, but would be willing to meet up anywhere in the DFW area on Saturday or Sunday.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:02 AM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Sony Reader PRS-500 & PRS-505, Luzern, Switzerland

Excellent idea, Zelda!

Luzern, Switzerland. Currently equipped with a Sony Reader PRS-500 and a PRS-505. Weekends work best for me.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:06 AM   #9
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thanks alex ! but i must give credit where credit is due : the idea really came from guillaume (bookeen) when we were talking the other day about how to raise the profile of ebooks ; he knows about the "see a kindle in your city" program and he thought it was a good start, so we decided it could be good to do that for *all* devices.

between that and the MR meetups, look out ! ebooks are going to take off !!
Old 07-20-2008, 09:09 AM   #10
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
You know, I would really love to check out an Asus EEE (or other UMPC) and I wouldn't mind taking a look at a Kindle. I would gladly bring my Sony 500, although you could check out the 505 at the Border's not from here. Anyone in the Houston area interested in a meet? Or, next Saturday I'll be in Amsterdam.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:31 AM   #11
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
You know, I would really love to check out an Asus EEE (or other UMPC) and I wouldn't mind taking a look at a Kindle. I would gladly bring my Sony 500, although you could check out the 505 at the Border's not from here. Anyone in the Houston area interested in a meet? Or, next Saturday I'll be in Amsterdam.
You can check out an Asus EEE PC at most Best Buy stores. The ones in Dallas had the 700 series in stock. I'm going for the 901, I think, for the new processor and the larger screen resolution. But, since the keyboards are the same, it was enough for me to check out the 700 in the store. I would like to see one of the MSI Wind computers before I finalize my selection, though. What's holding me up right now is that neither the Wind nor the EEE PC 901 have their Linux pre-load version available yet, and I'm giving up on the Windows OS.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 01:56 PM   #12
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Estoril/Cascais, in Portugal. PM me if you wanna check out a Cybook Gen3
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:03 PM   #13
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I just directed someone on the Amazon forums who posted about arranging a meetup in Houston.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:07 PM   #14
zelda_pinwheel

maybe it's time for elsi to start the official Texas meetup thread ? she has volunteered to organise it. that might be better than trying to organise something in this one ; this is more for arranging individual meets. i've left a little message for her.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:51 PM   #15
zelda_pinwheel

France / rencontres francophones

info : there is also a french language thread for proposing meets in france / among francophones.

Tags
demo, in person, meetup, show