Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-16-2008, 09:06 AM   #1
slainte
Zealot
slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Help - How do I download books for Sony Reader

I have a sony reader, live outside US and want to download books. My favourite authors such as Jack Higgins and Clive Cussler appear to be only available in secure read rather than multiformat required by the Sony reader. How do I get the books i want in the format I need. Please be specific as i am a complete techn newbie!

Thanks

Slainte
slainte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:46 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Check out this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ght=convertlit

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2008, 06:57 PM   #3
charlieperry
Connoisseur
charlieperry doesn't littercharlieperry doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 505
I didn't tell you this but...
...when you register your Reader just enter a US address. Then find someone on this forum in the US who will buy you vouchers in exchange for paypal payment.
charlieperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 06:42 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You don't need to enter a US address in order to use vouchers.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:58 PM   #5
slainte
Zealot
slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

converting mobipocket to lrf

Hi again
Have managed to download stuff to my sony reader but now see a book in mobipocket format which I want. How to i convert this for my reader? is it the same as the microsoft reader?
Thanks
Advert
Old 06-03-2008, 09:10 PM   #6
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
slainte--

Is the book you're trying to convert DRM-free? If so, download Calibre from this site, and use it to convert. If the book is DRMed, I think you're pretty much out of luck.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:49 PM   #7
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Format shifting and/or DRM stripping may not be legal where you live, but LIT and MOBI and eReader ebooks with DRM can all be converted for use on the Sony Reader. The most common approach is to buy LIT, use ConvertLIT to strip the DRM and then use Calibre on the DRM-free LIT. This is because LIT is the best of the three formats for archiving and format shifting. If a book is only available in MOBI, then mobidedrm will strip its DRM and Calibre supports DRM-free MOBIs.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:10 AM   #8
slainte
Zealot

Hi again
The book is only available in secure mobipocket so I guess that means that it is DRm'd. I understand the concept of convertlit and calibre but obviously convertlit won't work with mobipocket. You mentioned mobidedrm - what is that?
Thanks
Old 06-04-2008, 11:32 AM   #9
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The mobidedrm script is like ConvertLIT but for DRMed MOBI files, see the Darkreverser’s Weblog.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote